Fpvlr antennas problems.

Just for you guys have an idea about how it is ..
I did a new exit by the side ...

Attachments

• 20150102_212508.jpg
    20150102_212508.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 400
  • 20150102_212517.jpg
    20150102_212517.jpg
    808.2 KB · Views: 346
  • 20150102_212530.jpg
    20150102_212530.jpg
    600.2 KB · Views: 379
Just did this ...
I tryed to clear the place .. Chip connector and i did the new holes ...

Attachments

• 20150102_215859.jpg
    20150102_215859.jpg
    948.5 KB · Views: 391
  • 20150102_215121.jpg
    20150102_215121.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 384
  • 20150102_215141.jpg
    20150102_215141.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 362
It looks to me like you've got too much solder around the u.fl connector....but it's hard to tell...if that u.fl doesn't 'click' together the radio signal won't transmit to your antenna....

Mede... im sorry bro. Couldnt understand... What u mean?
I just closed the radio case and o checked if the connector was well locked ... And it is .. Very well .. But ill glue it with something ...

keep us posted if you figure it out.

I tested mine out yesterday and was over 1200 feet in a very urban area with lots of trees and houses. I don't really have a baseline for how far I was going but I know my FPV was much better. I didn't have it cutting out like before.

I don't have the range that others post with the same modification. I'm hoping its just the area I am in with too much other noise effecting it.

I had to remove the washer from the bulkhead connector or the antenna cable would not screw on far enough to make connection. The swivel nut would bottom out on the bulkhead jam nut. Leaving the washer off allowed them to just tighten up leaving a small gap between the jam nut and connector.

Guys. I just came back from the tests. Did the new hole to make sure the cable is not curved ...clean up round the chip and fixed it well. Not good. 600 meters and signal lost... I had some conexion broken too and i was aiming the phantom.

I really apreciatte the attention of you guys. Thanks anyway.

Richard what is the washer from the bulkhead ?
Do you guys think i should put the pinwheel cable that comes from the radio out of the radio ? I mean out of the radio to make it easier to screw with a wrench ?
If you guys could send me pictures to know how your radio is would help me ...
Thanks guys.

can you show how you are aiming the antennas?
Also is your radio set to FCC mode?
I see you are not in USA....

You should turn the screw in the controller to put into FCC mode

Im from brazil. Im in fcc mode. Two beeps !!!
Tony is very nice. He said to try to take the washers of to have more space to thight the connectors better ...
Here comes the picture how it looks like roseto !

Attachments

• received_883319715033070.jpeg
    received_883319715033070.jpeg
    115.7 KB · Views: 365
I will try to fix like that to have more space when i tight the other part that matches with this pin.

Attachments

• received_883341718364203.jpeg
    received_883341718364203.jpeg
    113.2 KB · Views: 454
yours looks like mine and I'm only getting 365 meter

which connection was he saying to take the washer off I might have the same issue you do. I just figured it was the urban area I'm in

Rotor. I just took all the washers off. From the radio and from the extender ... He said that we must tight it very well with a wrech and it makes all the difference because as much you tight more they will be in touch inside because will sink into the plastic. I just did it. Will test and tell u guys.
Rotor washers are the rouwwwnded small golden stuffs. Picture for u

Attachments

• 1420306800788-191646611.jpg
    1420306800788-191646611.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 473
I just removed some plastic on the inside of my transmitter and removed the locking washer. The transmitter is 1.18mm thick. Now when I tighten the cable I still have one thread showing so I can't get it any tighter.

The two off the booster show maybe 2 threads.

Its raining turning to snow today so no test flight

Keep us posted.

I also found this in another thread:

Yes, this is TOny from FPVLR, in the past 5 months we have had between 4 and 8 of these problems , can be too sure about the exact number, out of the several hundreds kits that went out.
Luckily, each and every problem has been addressed and now the owners are happy with the stage 2 performance. So I am here to help you fix the problem.

1st I am going to ask you to please share a picture of the installation, both the inside of the extender, then the inside of the rc transmitter so that I can have a better look and finally a picture of the full install , that will help me determine if the antennas are being aimed properly, have the correct distance and if they are attached correctly.

the n.1 mistake seems to be pointing.

Pleople have no clue how to point these, so they install the helix pointing at the sky, while they should be pointed at the aircraft.

The n.2 mistake is that they get sloppy with the installation of the rp-sma female to u.fl cables, the thread should fully come out of the plastic, there should be enough thread to allow the pins to mate.

Also the sma connectors of the antennas should be screwd in tightly, using a wrench to get the right amount of torque, to get a proper ground connection.

In one case the u.fl cable was rotating together with the antenna because it was not well secured with the lock nut. Lock nut should be tightened with a wrench as to not allow any movement, hand tightening will not do.

THis allowed the u.fl to come loose inside the transmitter. Please do secure the u.fl cables with a drop of hot glue.

The half sphere should be attached using double sided Velcro, the strong kind, in the back of the half sphere and on the face of the extender.

A new version of the stage 2 is being designed where everything sits perfectly in one plane, so it's one single unit. This will probably be rolled out next week, and it's aimed at making the install easier for the non-technical people.

Please if you have questions we can address them via email at [email protected]

hangtensoul said:
Guys. I just came back from the tests. Did the new hole to make sure the cable is not curved ...clean up round the chip and fixed it well. Not good. 600 meters and signal lost... I had some conexion broken too and i was aiming the phantom.

I really apreciatte the attention of you guys. Thanks anyway.

Richard what is the washer from the bulkhead ?
Do you guys think i should put the pinwheel cable that comes from the radio out of the radio ? I mean out of the radio to make it easier to screw with a wrench ?
If you guys could send me pictures to know how your radio is would help me ...
Thanks guys.

600 meters is not bad... Depending on interference. I have been having some problems also. I was able to narrow one problem down today that gave me allot more range. The SMA connectors, both the male pin and the female receptacle may have contaminants on them that dont allow full power. I was getting dropping signal at 75 yards with the Vision on the ground. I snugged the nuts down lightly on the tx side connectors and spun the antennas. This rotates the pin in the sma connector and removes any residual solvent or flux that may have solidified on the contacts during manufacturing. I was able to step off to nearly 150 yards before terrain and brush compromised line of sight. Nearly double the range and I am sure without ground attenuation that would amount to allot in the air. I have high voltage transmission lines near me so I cant take it out that far.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31