FPVLR air side booster + rubbercomping (pics)

Reaction score
Air side booster install and rubbercomp, similar to plastidip.

phantom1.jpg

phantom2.jpg

phantom3.jpg

phantom4.jpg

phantom5.jpg

phantom6.jpg

phantom7.jpg

phantom8.jpg

phantom9.jpg

phantom10.jpg

phantom11.jpg

phantom12.jpg

phantom13.jpg

phantom14.jpg

phantom15.jpg

Would like to see the bird side mod, in detail. Was very hard to do ??
I like the plastic dip. should keep the cracks away.

Would like to see the bird side mod, in detail. Was very hard to do ??
I like the plastic dip. should keep the cracks away.

There is 2 pics, other one with the airside amp (glued behind battery compartment/front usb) and regulator is soldered to mains, there is pic of it too.

Took me a lot of extra time because i did complete tear down which is not needed for the air side mod alone. Decided to hide the mini-amp inside the shell, usually it's installed outside the bird on the battery tray.

Witch antenna wires are to what?? How do you know witch antenna wires to use ??

Well.. good question, yesterday FPVLR site said: "The N.1 and N.4 antennas is for sure Video transmission" but chatted with @LarsR who had done the mod and he measured the signals from N1 and N4. Those ports were completely dead. So, N2 and N3 are for video. Used N2 (they are numbered, under the VPS board)

...asked Tony from FPVLR and he said "you are correct, they switched the wires around on latest P3s..." ..

Now FPLVR site is updated with: "The N.2 and N.3 antennas is for sure Video transmission" so go figure.. :)

Anyway, without help from LarsR i would have plugged the airside antenna/amp to wrong port. He has interesting project going on with the airside mod, i'm sure he will share his progress later :)

Last edited:
Well.. good question, yesterday FPVLR site said: "The N.1 and N.4 antennas is for sure Video transmission" but chatted with @LarsR who had done the mod and he measured the signals from N1 and N4. Those ports were completely dead. So, N2 and N4 are for video. Used N2 (they are numbered, under the VPS board)

...asked Tony from FPVLR and he said "you are correct, they switched the wires around on latest P3s..." ..

Now FPLVR site is updated with: "The N.1 and N.4 antennas is for sure Video transmission" so go figure.. :)

Anyway, without help from LarsR i would have plugged the airside antenna/amp to wrong port. He has interesting project going on with the airside mod, i'm sure he will share his progress later :)
Thanks very much, I am now more confused the ever. I have the old motors, so I think older model.

Looks great !!! Does anyone know for sure if painting void your warranty ?? I know with these rubberized coatings you can peel them off anyhow but just wondering about paint.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: rulppa
Looks great !!! Does anyone know for sure if painting void your warranty ?? I know with these rubberized coatings you can peel them off anyhow but just wondering about paint.

Any alterations or opening the shell is a void of warranty

Well.. good question, yesterday FPVLR site said: "The N.1 and N.4 antennas is for sure Video transmission" but chatted with @LarsR who had done the mod and he measured the signals from N1 and N4. Those ports were completely dead. So, N2 and N4 are for video. Used N2 (they are numbered, under the VPS board)

Now FPLVR site is updated with: "The N.1 and N.4 antennas is for sure Video transmission" so go figure.. :)

So wouldnt be safe for EVERYONE and all models to just use port N.4?

Amazon.com: 2.4G 2W Radio Amplifier Module White for DJI Phantom Walkera 2.4G Transmit Part: Toys & Games

this is the same booster that fpvlr sells, without the BEC.

even cheaper here, but without connectors/plugs, which will allow you to solder pigtails directly to the board, or connectors if you want...
XQ-02A 2.4G 2W Dual Way Wifi Signal Amplifer Boost Module Auto Switch $12.84 Free Shipping @GoodLuckBuy.com

Its just a XQ-02A board. FPVLR has an incredible markup of like 1000%...

hobbyking, and many other places sell the same boosters. Most of the places with the bare board for $10-$11 are sold out though, Goodluckbuy seems to have the lowest price with the units in stock.

My plan is to put 1 inside the bird for video transmitter (maybe add a 2nd if it is a MIMO system instead of a diversity system), and then 1 inside my radio for RC link. I would use the original antennas (as they are pretty good antennas and hard to beat for their size/performance) Stealth upgrade, for awesome penetration and range...

Last edited:
That looks so cool. I'm not that talented or patient to get mine to look like that. How much to send mine to you and have you coat it [emoji6]

To test, wrap antennas on bird with aluminum foil, then test range. I would wrap 1 and 4, or 2 and 3 and then test to see if you are losing RC or Video first...

PlastiDip is a far heavier/thicker material than this appears to be.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20