fpvlr advance kit installion in the UK or Spain

Do it yourself, it's very easy. The hardest part was pulling the new antenna leads under the circuit board. I took my time and still only took about an hour.

Reactions: phantom13flyer
It's so much easier to slip on the wind surfer parabolic reflectors, they work almost as good, only $25, good for over 2 miles. Do you really need to go farther than that?

The other advantage is the windsurfer parabolic pairs easily store in a case because they're easily removed, and they're small.

If you remove the FPVLR antenna at the SMA connector, then accidentally turn on the radio, you'll fry the RF transmitter components in the main board. Same situation with DBS mod. Not worth the risk IMHO.

Last edited:
Those windsurfer antennas will fry your antenna over time because the swr ratio is way too high. Much better off with the fpvlr or itelite dbs antenna. Go ahead and do it right. Don't use some ghetto rigged reflectors that will also destroy your controller.

Those windsurfer antennas will fry your antenna over time because the swr ratio is way too high. Much better off with the fpvlr or itelite dbs antenna. Go ahead and do it right. Don't use some ghetto rigged reflectors that will also destroy your controller.
You're opinion is laughable. So exactly what do you base your claim? Are you an RF antenna expert today? Parabolic antennas have been effective for years, there's no risk with wind surfer. Hundreds are using them and there's no reports of problems, only praise for those who have actually used them.

Last edited:
I didn't know dji lightbridge had been around for years . This is new technology and those wind surfers will without a doubt damage the dji controller.

Its pretty simple and this topic has been discussed extensively on this forum. Windsurfer antennas reflect too much energy back into the light bridge controller. Geez you are an idiot and please giving bad advice to people. Over time they will damage the controller .

The number of stupid people with their first phantom and instantly become experts is getting out of control.

Its pretty simple and this topic has been discussed extensively on this forum. Windsurfer antennas reflect too much energy back into the light bridge controller. Geez you are an idiot and please giving bad advice to people. Over time they will damage the controller .
No need for name calling, you're the expert. I haven't seen anything but praise for wind surfer, can't find any factual results to the contrary. Can you enlighten us?

So I guess you'd endorse the 2 watt amplifiers that FPVLR sells too, right. I don't suppose that wouldn't provide too much "energy" (as you call it) back to "the lightbridge", right? Actually those amps are fine, just contrary to your comments about too much "energy".

Here's a thread with some good info from an actual RF antenna expert about this subject.

Antenna Booster Analysis | DJI Phantom Forum

Last edited:
Reactions: clivek_77

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan