FPV

Reaction score
Hey guys,
New to this forum and wanted to get a "FPV" setup. (I say it in quotes because I do not think what I want is FPV but whatever). I have a Phantom 1 with a Gopro and I wanted to have a clean and easy setup. This are the things that I want out of my setup:

- To be clean and easy to plug in. (No soldering or special circuits since I do not live in a place where amazon can access so parts take a while to arrive)
- No extra batteries. (Since the gimbal is already using the other port in the battery)
- A all in one reciever/monitor (Since I like to visualize the drone and see the shot at the same time so no Goggles)
- a transmitter that connect directly to gopro.
- Relatively inexpensive (I do not think that the setup needs to cost me the same as the drone did)

If you could help me that would be great

Hi Ivan
Although you don't say which GoPro you have, the connections are usually simple across the range, just need to get the correct video lead for the model you have. FP transmitters are available with different power ratings, here in the UK the maximum legal limit is 25Mw so you need to check for your own location. As this post was put up at the end of 2016 have you got things sorted now? If not I will gladly offer any advice you might need

Have a look at where the "wifibroadcast" open source crowd are up to. The send end just needs a raspberry Pi and usb wifi dongle. Same range as lightbridge with lower latency.

Having a hard time with this answer. I can't be the only one that wants to do this:
With the HDMI module installed with a P3A.....is it possible to have a tablet connected as we always do, to change modes, CL,HL and so forth and a set of FPV goggles at th same time. Hoping it would work so I could lift goggles off eyes and use touch tablet and go back to FPV. If its possible I am assuming both devices would have to be receiving the app at the same time. Either DJI Go or Litchi. Is that possible?
Thanks for any input on this.
Jack

Hey guys,
New to this forum and wanted to get a "FPV" setup. (I say it in quotes because I do not think what I want is FPV but whatever). I have a Phantom 1 with a Gopro and I wanted to have a clean and easy setup. This are the things that I want out of my setup:

- To be clean and easy to plug in. (No soldering or special circuits since I do not live in a place where amazon can access so parts take a while to arrive)
- No extra batteries. (Since the gimbal is already using the other port in the battery)
- A all in one reciever/monitor (Since I like to visualize the drone and see the shot at the same time so no Goggles)
- Relatively inexpensive (I do not think that the setup needs to cost me the same as the drone did)

@Ivan2k1,
Puzzled why you haven't replied to any of the posts that are trying to help you???:confused::confused:

For what its worth, as of today (01-25-17) ScouseMouse's reply looks like its the best one....

If your still interested, another forum like this one, might also be able to help:
DJI Phantom Quadcopter - RC Groups

Good luck...

Hey guys,

This is the solution I applied on my P1.1.1 (I have a GITUP GIT2 as camera, but the FPV cable is the same as for GOPRO):
-Transmitter EACHINE ET526 switchable 20mW,200mW,600mW 5.8GHz 40 channel
-Receiver Eachine LCD5800D 5.8Ghz 40 channel (with DVR capability that I never tested, because I prefer to use the camera on board Memory).There is also the more expensive LCD5802D, a little bit more sophisticated, but for my needs I am satisfied by 5800D.

I power the TX directly from the Phantom Battery as well as the Gimbal, using the Phantom auxiliary power output.
I mounted the Tx on the flat area of the backward left landing gear leg, simpling using a Velcro.
I do NOT use the 5V transmitter output to power the camera: I use the camera built-in battery.
In this way, with a Blackmagic 3000mah, I get about 12.5 minutes of safe fly time in wintertime and about 2 min more in summertime. With the Blackmagic 2700mah I fly average 1 minute less, while with the stock 2200mah I fly 8 to 9 minutes.
The TX-RX synchronization is immediate:the only problem is that the transmitter is OFF by default at power on and you need to press a button to switch it on.
The image quality is stable in open air even using 25mW power up to about 250/300 mt: I never tested on longer distances.
The overall result is satisfactory to monitor what you are looking from the camera, but the latency( as always with these action cams) is not negligible.
So the solution is good if you want to control the image of what you are filming, is not good if you want to fly using FPV.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl