FPV Zeiss goggles! Anyone try them?

I have made four flights with my cinemizers. I really like them so far. Super easy to set up with the iphone and worked with no problems first time. It is important to note they only have 30 degree field of view so you are not getting a full visual immersive experience but it is a very immersive experience. Once you strap them (I added a set of croakies to pull them snug to my face and block out light) you become totally focused on flying with little distraction. I think I fly better with them because you are so locked in. The second benefit is that someone can fly along with you, which is great fun and very impressive to existing clients and prospective ones as well.

I know that in 12 months or so, new products will be out that will make these obsolete but based on the reaction my clients have had to them so far I am sure it has already paid for itself.

I got four flights on the first charge on them. I had to buy a separate HDMI cable and apple adapter. Kinda of spendy but sure is fun. The only problem I see now is that I want the light bridge for the HD signal. Highly recommended and can be used with the Inspire too as well I bet.

P.S. I have the new controller now and waited to get these until I had a way to control the camera without taking the glasses off.

I bought mine from Lufthansa World store in June and just sold them on Ebay for £10 more than I paid for them. That price at Lufthansa was a good price and its a shame they no longer sell them.

On the down side, I had to send mine back to Zeiss as it had a faulty chip that needed replacing. I was never that impressed with the screen image as it always seemed a bit dark even after altering the settings. The image also seemed very grainy. I know it was only reproducing the quality of image from the camera, but in the end I was much happier with the image on my iPhone 6 plus and so it had to go.

Questa said:
I have made four flights with my cinemizers. I really like them so far. Super easy to set up with the iphone and worked with no problems first time. It is important to note they only have 30 degree field of view so you are not getting a full visual immersive experience but it is a very immersive experience. Once you strap them (I added a set of croakies to pull them snug to my face and block out light) you become totally focused on flying with little distraction. I think I fly better with them because you are so locked in. The second benefit is that someone can fly along with you, which is great fun and very impressive to existing clients and prospective ones as well.

I know that in 12 months or so, new products will be out that will make these obsolete but based on the reaction my clients have had to them so far I am sure it has already paid for itself.

I got four flights on the first charge on them. I had to buy a separate HDMI cable and apple adapter. Kinda of spendy but sure is fun. The only problem I see now is that I want the light bridge for the HD signal. Highly recommended and can be used with the Inspire too as well I bet.

P.S. I have the new controller now and waited to get these until I had a way to control the camera without taking the glasses off.
:D
Great idea with the croakies, I'm going to do that too!
Also agree with you with the tilt control, although I'm using the lever on the back, sure is nice!

I want to throw out a big thanks to Angelabove for sending me a pm! I lost my password and had to start anew, but now I'm back! Thank you!

Fplvert aka Idbird, (I'm addicted to Phantom pilots forum!) :lol:

I have them and they are going back and not because they are not high quality, which they are and the video is wonderful but I can't get them to work with my LG G3 Android phone :( Apparently they work very well as long as you have an iPhone but I don't, I was able to borrow one for testing and that's why I know. Zeiss, so far has been less than helpful in fixing the issue so I expect the goggles will be returned.

If anyone has these working for an Android I'd love to hear from you on which device you are using; I have a no-go on an LG G3 phone and an LG 8.3 tablet.

kenargo said:
I have them and they are going back and not because they are not high quality, which they are and the video is wonderful but I can't get them to work with my LG G3 Android phone :( Apparently they work very well as long as you have an iPhone but I don't, I was able to borrow one for testing and that's why I know. Zeiss, so far has been less than helpful in fixing the issue so I expect the goggles will be returned.

If anyone has these working for an Android I'd love to hear from you on which device you are using; I have a no-go on an LG G3 phone and an LG 8.3 tablet.

Trying to find the right HDMI adapter for a specific Android is a joke. If you can find an adapter that works with your phone you should be good but it is not an easy task.

I have the HDMI adapter; that was easy and I know it works because I can connect my phone to an HDMI monitor and see the mirroring of the phone screen on the monitor. It just doesn't work when connected to the Cinemizer :(

Someone suggested getting the "HDMI Dr" but that costs another $75 pounds and given that I've already purchased the goggles for $800 tossing another ~$130 to make it work doesn't feel right.

:)
They only work with Ios as far as I know. You can get an unlocked iphone to use for this purpose.

Fplvert said:
:)
They only work with Ios as far as I know. You can get an unlocked iphone to use for this purpose.

Yes, iPhone works great! I have my reasons for wanting an Android device so an iPhone isn't really an option for my case but thanks for suggesting.

I found a solution that appears to be working well; tomorrow I'll do some flying to check out more but so far so good!

I purchased a Miracast device and connected my tablet to the miracast, which connects Bluetooth to the Zeiss Cinemizer. I initially tried it on my LG G3 but that showed a lot of delay in the video when moving around but when I switched to a small tablet (LG G Pad 8.3) it works quite nicely!

Zeiss sent me an email and indicated that they are continuing to investigate the LG G3 issues and they are brining a device in-house to test so maybe I'll get the goggles working without the Miracast but to be honest having the goggles connected wirelessly is really nice.

More later after more testing.

To be fair; the only thing you need extra in most cases is an adapter for the phone. The iPhone and Samsung devices work with only 1 adapter and having used both I prefer the Cinemizer but as you mention you cannot look 'through' the goggles to see out into the world. Some people I fly with find that to be a negative as they find it an annoyance to have what amounts to a heads-up flight screen but others like it. The people I know find that FPV should be an immersion (like the goggles give) but they are considerably purists.

Make up your own mind, each has pluses and minuses.

pyrophantom said:
Stick with moverio, you still need more bits to run the zeiss jobbies so it will run more expensive again. Good thing about the moverios is you can turn the app display off so you can just see through them to the aircraft without having to take them off, then just tap again to get the display back.

Would be moverio for me !

I have the moverios but don't know how to tap to turn on and off.
Do I have to activate it in settings if so where!!
Cheers

OUCH! That's almost double what I have into my entire stand-alone FPV setup including goggles....to get rather crappy video feed from the app.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4