FPV Zeiss goggles! Anyone try them?

I have my goggles now but cannot get them to connect to my samsung tab S at all.......have tried the HDMI to MHL digital adaptor but it just shows as not compatible on the screen !!

Any ideas anybody ??

:roll:

pyrophantom said:
I have my goggles now but cannot get them to connect to my samsung tab S at all.......have tried the HDMI to MHL digital adaptor but it just shows as not compatible on the screen !!

Any ideas anybody ??

Make sure screen mirroring (under Connectios) is turned on in the Android settings, then leave any apps before connecting. I've used them many times with my Tab S, but the MHL adapters usually require external USB power in order to work. I use a portable USB power pack for, that and also connect my range extender to it as well.

varmint said:
pyrophantom said:

Any ideas anybody ??

Make sure screen mirroring (under Connectios) is turned on in the Android settings, then leave any apps before connecting. I've used them many times with my Tab S, but the MHL adapters usually require external USB power in order to work. I use a portable USB power pack for, that and also connect my range extender to it as well.

You are God and I salute you varmint, I had read the HDMI/MHL adaptors didnt need power with the later samsungs but I did try under power which at least gave me the "Not Compatible" message rather than the "No Signal" message but I had not changed to the Android settings so i shall have a go when I get home later today.

Cheers Mr V :D

Fplvert said:
pyrophantom said:
OK for the zeiss people - if I wanted to use the Ipad Mini w lightining connector I just need the HDMI Digital video adaptor for lightning connector yes ? Will I then need another HDMI cable to connect the goggles to the ipad ?

If i want to use my samsung galaxy tab s which connectors do I need ???

:oops:
Phyro, I just pulled the trigger on Zeiss goggles from B&H. I found an apple lightning adaptor $49.00 at the apple store. I think that's all I need for my mini pad. I too, have a Samsung phone. I don't think it will work with android. ;)
look forward to hearing feedback on your experience with these... I've heard more positives on these than the Moverios...

srandall25 said:
... I've heard more positives on these than the Moverios...

I've owned both. I sold my Moverios, but ONLY because they didn't have diopters like the Cinemizers. It was always a little blurry for me, and no way to change it; But my vision basically sucks at close range, so that's no surprise.

The BT200s were really REALLY good except for the issue with focus that I had. Being able to see outside on-demand was great and there was no problem with daylight visibility of the screen as long as the dark lens was attached.

Is there a way to put composite input into the Moverios like the composite adapter? I haven't seen these for sale anywhere and not sure if the BT-200 which replaced the 100 has this adapter port on the touch pad portion of the moverios.

I want to buy a pair for my zenmuse.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRooIu9Iccg#t=17

pyrophantom said:
varmint said:
pyrophantom said:

Any ideas anybody ??

You are God and I salute you varmint, I had read the HDMI/MHL adaptors didnt need power with the later samsungs but I did try under power which at least gave me the "Not Compatible" message rather than the "No Signal" message but I had not changed to the Android settings so i shall have a go when I get home later today.

Cheers Mr V :D
Read this thread,
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=18865

-Tomas

srandall25 said:
Fplvert said:
pyrophantom said:
OK for the zeiss people - if I wanted to use the Ipad Mini w lightining connector I just need the HDMI Digital video adaptor for lightning connector yes ? Will I then need another HDMI cable to connect the goggles to the ipad ?

If i want to use my samsung galaxy tab s which connectors do I need ???

:oops:
Pyro, I just pulled the trigger on Zeiss goggles from B&H. I found an apple lightning adaptor $49.00 at the apple store. I think that's all I need for my mini pad. I too, have a Samsung phone. I don't think it will work with android. ;)
look forward to hearing feedback on your experience with these... I've heard more positives on these than the Moverios...
I like the Zeiss Cinemizers a lot. They work best with my iPhone or iPod as the picture is larger than iPad. That's fine by my goal of limiting equipment and portability. The P2V+ Is the perfect platform for portability and FPV in my opinion. :D

So do you feel the Zeiss goggles are worth the price? How do you fly with them with respect to maintaining line of site and keeping your antennas pointed directly at the bird? Do you often move the goggles down periodically to physically view the bird, or do you just put full trust in the goggles and not worry about maintaining physical line of sight? Do you rely a lot on the radar in the bottom left... how do you use it? Just curious about how people fly with these goggles.. Thanks.

Yes, the Cinemizers are expensive, but unlike my bird, no risk of loss. I don't have the sunshade on my goggles so it's easy to look over or under them to check on LOS. I also try to launch from a clearing where I know I won't fly lower than LOS to the bird. I don't use the radar icon since knowing the bird's orientation is much easier when viewing with goggles, and I clearly see the distance and heading info on the app. The only downfall is camera tilt if you are STILL waiting for channel 7 adaptor. :cry:

I've been thinking about getting a pair of Cinemizers glasses myself for FPV flying since I always find it a bit difficult to look at the rather small screen of my Sony Xperia Z2. However I'm still not sure if these glasses would work with my Android-based Sony Xperia Z2?

Also I was searching for the glasses over at the Lufthansa Worldshop but couldn't find them? Maybe the reason they sold them with the huge discount was because they were about to stop selling them.

Since I can't even find the product over at their website anymore I guess they won't be selling them again, too bad.

However I still wouldn't buy a pair of these until I know if they would work with my Sony Xperia Z2. Speaking about Sony I found another similar product from Sony called HMZ-T3 but I have no clue how these compare to the glasses discussed here.

Guess it's a bit early for this type of technique. Probably we will have lots of more options to choose from in a couple of years.

Ok, thanks!

Will look further into this. Really a pity though I can't buy the glasses from that Lufthansa online store anymore considering the steep price tag...

I think I'll see if there's a way to get in contact with the Lufthansa online store to ask if they will sell the Cinemizers glasses again.

I see a lot of talk of using them with the vision and vision+ but what about us non vision phantom 2 people? I was poking around and saw this http://www.globe-flight.de/Zeiss-Cinemi ... pter-cable has anyone tried this set up?

I wonder if I could plug the glasses into the black pearl since thats my only video receiver.

stevet said:
I see a lot of talk of using them with the vision and vision+ but what about us non vision phantom 2 people? I was poking around and saw this http://www.globe-flight.de/Zeiss-Cinemi ... pter-cable has anyone tried this set up?

I wonder if I could plug the glasses into the black pearl since thats my only video receiver.

You can use the Black Pearl diversity av output with a ViewHD RCA AV Composite Video to HDMI 720P | 1080P Upscaling Mini Converter
to provide hdmi output to the Zeiss Cinemizer hdmi input. The converter uses USB connection for power, like a Go Puck or equivalent. The RCA to composite video cable comes with the Cinemizers but is used between the Black Pearl and ViewHD. A hdmi to mini Hdmi cable connects the ViewHD to the Cinemizers.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20