FPV Zeiss goggles! Anyone try them?

Now I have looked at both I am also in a quandry about which setup would be best for FPV flying ?? I will rely on more experienced people than me to advise on which is best. I simply want a crisp clear image the which the camera sees, and with as much of the screen as possible.

Anyone give a direct comparison between these two systems ?

:?:

DaveMoi said:
For those who are interested in the cinemizer glasses;

if you're in Europe you should check the Lufthansa world shop. I bought them there for 399€. Delivery took 4 business days. Before anyone asks; yes they're genuine cinemizer glasses! I updated them to the latest firmware, and to do so you need to enter the serial number on the Zeiss website. If you sign up for their newsletter first you will get a 5€ voucher that you can use during checkout. Those of you who have a miles&more frequent flyer card will get free miles as we'll.

-David

Yikes that makes a saving.....what a spot that man !!!

;)

@DaveMoi,
Good find, wished I had known about that.

---

First,
Make 100% sure that they work with your phone or pad before invest, a task not super easy, Apple stuff is rather well catered for.

I have them, and detailed some things to think about it here, especially if you have a android device that uses slimport for hdmi out like the Nexus 7 v2,
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=18865

I am very happy with the solution.
There are three major advantages with these imo, weight, the very efficient sun shade (option extra), and most of all the dioptre adjustment a very important feature imo.
Also you can upgrade the hardware if the app needs more cpu later by buying another pad because they function just a secondary screen.

You can also fly by screen and let someone else enjoy the view from the goggles at the same time which is a plus.
It is also a plus that you can remove the ear plugs that are not needed for fpv, and power alarm is well visible in app and audible from controller, the holder for them is not super tight so I have them unplugged for convince.

The solution would shine even more if I had the 7ch level for camera control because getting the finger on right spot on screen is not that easy and turning on tilt is not a good solution.

Last,
My encounters with the Ziess support have been lets put it, less impressive.

-Tomas

pyrophantom said:
Now I have looked at both I am also in a quandry about which setup would be best for FPV flying ?? I will rely on more experienced people than me to advise on which is best. I simply want a crisp clear image the which the camera sees, and with as much of the screen as possible.

Anyone give a direct comparison between these two systems ?

:?:

I have a set coming from Lufthansa, so should soon be able to do a comparison :)

Worked out at £319 delivered to the UK

Dave

The only IOS device I have is the ipad mini with retina screen which I think is a different connector for the HDMI ??

I have loads of android devices and would prefer a connection between my samsung galaxy tab S so will have a look at that first

I too have just ordered from Luthansa at an amazing £200+ discount !!!

I use them with an IPhone 5 ( not S ) and the apple hdmi out cable. This works fine for me, no problems.

-David

Yes, the iPad Mini or iPhone 5/5s needs a lightning to HDMI adapter, which I have anyway,
so no need to buy that :)

What is the Galaxy Tab S like outside in the sun ? I have been meaning to call in
a shop somewhere and take one outside :D

Dave

mitchsden said:
Yes, the iPad Mini or iPhone 5/5s needs a lightning to HDMI adapter, which I have anyway,
so no need to buy that :)

What is the Galaxy Tab S like outside in the sun ? I have been meaning to call in
a shop somewhere and take one outside :D

Dave

Much better than the other models, still the sun will affect it but no screen is going to stop that but with ordinary daylight its so much better, really vivid colours and definition. looks as though will have to use my ipad mini w retina screen with the lightning adaptor to fit the zeiss. I wasn't going to buy them but when I saw that Lufthansa price you cant go wrong worth a punt !!! We will have to compare notes when we get them lol.

OK for the zeiss people - if I wanted to use the Ipad Mini w lightining connector I just need the HDMI Digital video adaptor for lightning connector yes ? Will I then need another HDMI cable to connect the goggles to the ipad ?

If i want to use my samsung galaxy tab s which connectors do I need ???

:oops:

pyrophantom said:
OK for the zeiss people - if I wanted to use the Ipad Mini w lightining connector I just need the HDMI Digital video adaptor for lightning connector yes ? Will I then need another HDMI cable to connect the goggles to the ipad ?

If i want to use my samsung galaxy tab s which connectors do I need ???

:oops:
Phyro, I just pulled the trigger on Zeiss goggles from B&H. I found an apple lightning adaptor $49.00 at the apple store. I think that's all I need for my mini pad. I too, have a Samsung phone. I don't think it will work with android. ;)

It does say on the literature that they should work with android, so I have bought an HDMI digital connector just incase so I can try it on my Tab S, if not I will just use the ipad mini. You also need an HDMI cable from the lightning adaptor to the battery unit connector (I think).

I had a look at a Galaxy Tab S on Saturday, and asked the question about what connector
would be needed. He said it would require a MHL connector and a HDMI lead, but the MHL would
need to be powered.

After a little research at home, I think a MHL 2.0 connector would be the version, and on
later Samsung equipment, it would not need to be powered !

Be interested if you get it working, I will use my iPad Mini retina for now, but did like the
look of the Galaxy Tab S

DaveMoi said:
I use them with an IPhone 5 ( not S ) and the apple hdmi out cable. This works fine for me, no problems.

-David

Ive just ordered a pair from Lufthansa.

I want to run them from my iPhone 5. Can anybody give me a link to the exact HDMI cable that I need to buy as I'm in danger of ordering the wrong one, thanks.

mitchsden said:
I had a look at a Galaxy Tab S on Saturday, and asked the question about what connector
would be needed. He said it would require a MHL connector and a HDMI lead, but the MHL would
need to be powered.

After a little research at home, I think a MHL 2.0 connector would be the version, and on
later Samsung equipment, it would not need to be powered !

Be interested if you get it working, I will use my iPad Mini retina for now, but did like the
look of the Galaxy Tab S

Yup I agree it doesnt need to be powered !!

Mossie said:
DaveMoi said:

-David

Ive just ordered a pair from Lufthansa.

I want to run them from my iPhone 5. Can anybody give me a link to the exact HDMI cable that I need to buy as I'm in danger of ordering the wrong one, thanks.

You need this adapter for your iPhone:

http://store.apple.com/us/product/MD826 ... 38e33ea9f6

Then you can either use a regular hdmi to hdmi cable together with the supplied hdmi mini to hdmi adapter or buy a hdmi mini to hdmi cable. I went for a 75cm mini hdmi to hdmi thin cable 1.4 compliant.

-David

My Zeiss Cinemizer goggles arrived earlier today from Lufthansa :)

Exactly a week to arrive in the UK, the shipping notification arrived about
2 hours after the glasses were delivered, so beware, they do not let you know
in time to be at home.

Not had a chance to get out for a fly, but first impressions compared to the
Moverio glasses that I sent back, were very good.

Charged them, updated the firmware, then had a play for a couple of hours

Quite lightweight and comfortable, tested on the IPhone 5, iPad Mini Retina,
watched a couple of Youtube 3D videos, and tested them on the Sky HD 3D
channel, nice clear image every time.

Think I will probably order the sunshield, but as they are, it is quite nice to be
able to see slightly over the top, and underneath for when you fly.

Dave

mitchsden said:
My Zeiss Cinemizer goggles arrived earlier today from Lufthansa :)

Exactly a week to arrive in the UK, the shipping notification arrived about
2 hours after the glasses were delivered, so beware, they do not let you know
in time to be at home.

Not had a chance to get out for a fly, but first impressions compared to the
Moverio glasses that I sent back, were very good.

Charged them, updated the firmware, then had a play for a couple of hours

Quite lightweight and comfortable, tested on the IPhone 5, iPad Mini Retina,
watched a couple of Youtube 3D videos, and tested them on the Sky HD 3D
channel, nice clear image every time.

Think I will probably order the sunshield, but as they are, it is quite nice to be
able to see slightly over the top, and underneath for when you fly.

Dave

Sounds good, Dave! I'm expecting a delivery Thursday so hopefully give them a try this weekend. I'm looking forward to hearing how you like them since you know how the Epsons looked. :D

Yes the comparisons would be interesting !

pyrophantom said:
Yes the comparisons would be interesting !

I can't compare anything but the Zeiss are amazing! I could not believe how bright and clear I could see! :D

Definitely gets the heart rate up. :lol:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik