FPV Zeiss goggles! Anyone try them?

Reaction score
http://www.dronefly.com/product-p/cinemizer.htm

These goggles are supposed to be HDMI compatible with our fpv app on iPad or android. Although expensive, I am real tempted to order them. Does anyone have any experience positive or negative with them? What adapters?

Any input would be appreciated! :)

Fplvert said:
http://www.dronefly.com/product-p/cinemizer.htm

These goggles are supposed to be HDMI compatible with our fpv app on iPad or android. Although expensive, I am real tempted to order them. Does anyone have any experience positive or negative with them? What adapters?

Any input would be appreciated! :)

I have them and they're great... You only need the apple HDMI adapter to see in the glasses what you'd see on your iPhone

Phantom_Frog said:
You should get the Epson Moverio glasses. I have them and they are a little cheaper. The cool thing is that you can see through them and see the drone and the FPV at the same time. It is very cool.

I love my pair. It will change your life.

http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/jsp/ ... glasses.do

I would be curious to know what method do you use to get the video to these? Also is has wireless capability, any issues ith interference?

The glasses run Android 4.0, so you can download the DJI vision app directly to the glasses. You can connect to the phantom wifi through the glasses. I would not say that I notice any difference in interference between the Moverio glasses and the iPhone.

Thanks guys, :cry: I'm really torn now :!:

Stick with moverio, you still need more bits to run the zeiss jobbies so it will run more expensive again. Good thing about the moverios is you can turn the app display off so you can just see through them to the aircraft without having to take them off, then just tap again to get the display back.

Would be moverio for me !

i have them, with apple hdmi adapter you get the full 16.9 screen on a iphone 5s and they also work with mini ipad and ipad air , only screen size is limited to 4.3 on the carls ziess cinermizer . plug in the ear piece so ya can hear alarm for battery , and peer over the top or bottom of the glasses for take off and landing . i need glasse to read and is a pain to fly with only the ipad/iphone , and the zeiss you can adjust each eye to get a clear picture , it takes some getting use to and some nerve but when ya get use it its very good and i love flying with them. plus they look cool and the picture is very clear and true . but the best part little or no sun or glare to confuse and spoil the flight .. mostly i fly long distance so ya soon loose sight and need confidence vision these give you that. heres my set up https://www.facebook.com/79846482017153 ... =1&theater

pyrophantom said:
Stick with moverio, you still need more bits to run the zeiss jobbies so it will run more expensive again. Good thing about the moverios is you can turn the app display off so you can just see through them to the aircraft without having to take them off, then just tap again to get the display back.

Thanks pyro, I am guessing you have gimbal control on your transmitter? I am still waiting for drone expert channel 7 hardware ordered July 10th :roll:

Fplvert said:
pyrophantom said:

Thanks pyro, I am guessing you have gimbal control on your transmitter? I am still waiting for drone expert channel 7 hardware ordered July 10th :roll:

Yes I have the drone expert gimbal gizmo and works a treat !!!

Going to order some moverios this weekend :D

trickstar911 said:
i have them, with apple hdmi adapter you get the full 16.9 screen on a iphone 5s and they also work with mini ipad and ipad air , only screen size is limited to 4.3 on the carls ziess cinermizer . plug in the ear piece so ya can hear alarm for battery , and peer over the top or bottom of the glasses for take off and landing . i need glasse to read and is a pain to fly with only the ipad/iphone , and the zeiss you can adjust each eye to get a clear picture , it takes some getting use to and some nerve but when ya get use it its very good and i love flying with them. plus they look cool and the picture is very clear and true . but the best part little or no sun or glare to confuse and spoil the flight .. mostly i fly long distance so ya soon loose sight and need confidence vision these give you that. heres my set up https://www.facebook.com/79846482017153 ... =1&theater
:D Great set up Trickstar! Thank you for your advice! Looks like decision time. :geek:

pyrophantom said:
Fplvert said:
pyrophantom said:

Yes I have the drone expert gimbal gizmo and works a treat !!!

Going to order some moverios this weekend :D

Are you buying them through the Epson UK site ?

Although I have sent mine back, I have a 10% off voucher that
may be of use to you :)

Send me a PM if you want the code, just tested and it is still valid

Dave

Phantom_Frog said:
You should get the Epson Moverio glasses. I have them and they are a little cheaper. The cool thing is that you can see through them and see the drone and the FPV at the same time. It is very cool.

[quote

Dave

Can I ask why you sent them back Dave? :?:

Fplvert said:
Phantom_Frog said:

[quote

Dave

Can I ask why you sent them back Dave? :?:

For me anyway, I was expecting a more finished product

DJI App issues:
Did not fill the whole area available for the FPV screen
Radar screen jumping all over the place, and quite often showing the Phantom
behind you, when it is actually in front.
Not possible to use with waypoint part of the DJI app, due to it reverting to the
settings screen when you swipe left.
Not able to use the Booster app without first rooting the glasses

Other issues:
No access to Google play
Refuses to connect to the iPhone as a Wi-Fi hotspot
Trackpad quite annoying to use, even after a few weeks

They did work great for the view, but at £569 in the UK, I had expected
much less issues, and UK support was hopeless, saying they only had the
manuals like I did, other people may not be bothered.

In all fairness, they are for developers not consumers. And they will never have Google Play services as Google only certifies phones and tablets for the market. The issue with not connecting to a wifi hotspot is an Android issue, not Epsons.

However, there's no reason DJI couldn't release a Moverio specific app as it is free after all.

My Moverios will be here on Monday. I will see how I like them and then likely get prescription lenses made. Arizona sun makes it nearly impossible to see FPV via smartphone.

Dave[/quote]

Cheers Dave,

No I was going to get them from Amazon but reason I haven't as yet was mainly that I didnt like the view of the app being skewed over to the right with all that dark space over to the left, it just looked wrong ! I think I am going to hang fire for a while and see if the updates improve things before I jump in. Appreciate the coupon offer tho.

:?

using glasses how do you control the camera to start and stop video and take stills?? i thought the phantom could only connect to one wifi source at a time?

locoworks said:
using glasses how do you control the camera to start and stop video and take stills?? i thought the phantom could only connect to one wifi source at a time?

Same way as you normally would - you still see the app as normal but use the trackpad to tap the record button

For those who are interested in the cinemizer glasses;

if you're in Europe you should check the Lufthansa world shop. I bought them there for 399€. Delivery took 4 business days. Before anyone asks; yes they're genuine cinemizer glasses! I updated them to the latest firmware, and to do so you need to enter the serial number on the Zeiss website. If you sign up for their newsletter first you will get a 5€ voucher that you can use during checkout. Those of you who have a miles&more frequent flyer card will get free miles as we'll.

-David

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4