Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

FPV, works with 1st battery but doesn't come up with 2nd

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Vision + Discussion' started by anomac, Jun 21, 2014.

1. anomac

My FPV works fine with the first battery but when I land, power everything down. Load second battery power everything back up I don't get the FPV.

Is this something that is affecting anyone else?

Any fixes for it?

Apologies if this is posted before. I have tried to find this problem by searching the forum but can't find anything pertaining to it. If there is, please drop a link in a response.

Thanks in advance brains trust!!! :D

2. Ozzyguy

Let the transmtter cool comletely before using the second battery. . Then see if it does the same.

3. Tails_Up

Close the app before turning off the Phantom. Or, reboot your phone or tablet.

4. anomac

Alright tomorrow I have two courses of action. Waiting until the transmitter cools completely, which is gonna suck moving forward and powering off the ap before the P2V+ this one is not so bad and very doable. Might try that first.

In terms of firing everything back up then do I change the order?

5. vortigern

As per this suggestion most things computerwise often sort themselves out if rebooted. Not any help to you but I have changed the battery when flying and although I take most care about the Phantom workings i.e. compass swing (I do it every time regardless of changing locations) light indications etc. I never pay attention to the FPV part, it just works. Sometimes there is a delay before it resumes but mostly it just picks up from where it was. Never remember witing for it to cool or reboooting.

6. anomac

Well another day is with me and once again I was able to power up first time with the camera on. I haven't been able to replicate that.

Things I did. I thought I would go over all these before you respond.

Power RC back on. WiFi link then P2V+. After that I would seek network. Log on and then, and only then launch Ap.
    Tried resetting settings to see if that booted it.
    Bought and downloaded WiFi Boost. Hopefully that wasn't a wasted A$11.
    Quit all aps. Turned Phone completely off. Turned all components off. Removed batteries where I could. Replace.
    Fired up phone, then RC, then WiFi Trans, then P2V+ then locked on to network then launched booster then ap then tried to get FPV. Nope.

I am really at the end of tether here. Any help would be amazing. Any one know of a service centre in Sydney?

Thanks all :cry:

7. Ozzyguy

Did you try giving it 5mins between batteries? Also doe this happen if you use the second battery first?

8. anomac

Probably more like ten minutes, as I bought and downloaded the FPV Boost ap. It happens if I use the same battery, as well as other batteries. I have tried a variation of the three batteries I have here, swapping them in and out.

Flummoxed :shock: