FPV with iPad

Reaction score
I am just getting started with the DJPhantom 2 - only had it for a few days.

Is it possible to use your iPad for FPV if you buy ground station rather than buying a separate screen?

Right now I only have DJ Phantom 2, 3d Gimble and Hero. I don't have FPV but I did order Ground Station.

Thanks!

BorgEasyRoll said:
I am just getting started with the DJPhantom 2 - only had it for a few days.
Is it possible to use your iPad for FPV if you buy ground station rather than buying a separate screen?
Right now I only have DJ Phantom 2, 3d Gimble and Hero. I don't have FPV but I did order Ground Station.

Thanks!

If you're taking about Phantom 2 (not the Vision+), Ground Station is for autonomous flight - that is flying preprogrammed waypoints. It does not provide the video downlink needed for FPV. You would need a separate video transmitter on the Phantom and a receiver & monitor .

Yes, it's just the Phantom 2.

Separately from Ground Control, I figured I'd have to buy a video transmitter, but I thought I could use switch views on the iPad btwn GC and FPV somehow.

Thanks

BorgEasyRoll said:
Yes, it's just the Phantom 2.
Separately from Ground Control, I figured I'd have to buy a video transmitter, but I thought I could use switch views on the iPad btwn GC and FPV somehow.
Thanks

No. It doesn't work that way. I have a P2 w/GS -- and iOSD, AVL58 and the Datalink. It's a bit of a pain vs Vision+, but the GS app has some functionality that the Vision+ app doesn't offer.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj