FPV with glasses

Reaction score
I know the big news on the forum is the P4P - and it looks awesome - but I have decided to keep my P4 as the goto for now, and maybe add to its enjoyment by looking into FPV. My question is this: I wear glasses. They are progressive lenses that correct mainly for far sightedness. I do not want to purchase an FPV module for my remote, install it, buy FPV goggles, and find out I can't see the show properly... Any advice on goggles for this situation would be appreciated.

Hey I bought some cheap goggles for 30 bucks and I use them with litchi app and it works great something Like this would do.
5afddd7b8d32062b984fc4ee2e8d803e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G925V using PhantomPilots mobile app

Thanks gentleman. I forgot that Litchi provided this ability. I did read about that option when I read the online manual after purchasing Litchi, but I have never used this mode. I guess that would mean that I would not need to get the HDMI module for my remote, but I am still getting mixed reviews looking at various goggles as to whether or not they fit properly with eye glasses.

Forget my last post above!

I just saw a video on the Avegant Glyph, they are my next FPV goggles!!

Avegant.com

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Forget my last post above!

I just saw a video on the Avegant Glyph, they are my next FPV goggles!!

Yes, I saw a review on those. Pretty slick.

I ended up going with a very simple VR goggle: https://www.amazon.com/Headset-Tech...785&sr=8-1-fkmr1&keywords=rock+jam+vr+goggles. The fact that it mentioned in the description the ability to wear glasses within them was a selling point for me, as was the price. I just wanted to experiment with this mode to see if it was something that I wanted to look further into.

I did find it pretty interesting. I was able to wear my glasses within them (although tightly), but I did get a bit dizzy and slightly queasy about ten minutes into my flight. I recall reading somewhere that this feeling wears off after awhile though.

Another issue was the fact that I currently have and used an iPhone 5s which is fairly small compared to the 6s and even larger phones. This gives me a good excuse to upgrade phones I guess...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers