Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Fpv with basic gopro

Discussion in 'FPV (First Person View)' started by Newtodji, Jun 25, 2015.

1. Newtodji

Hey all, I would like to get an fpv kit for my p1 ,that is affordable but my problem is that I have the new but basic gopro (hero HD) and most kits are for the 3 and 4. So my question is: has anybody put an fpv kit on with the hero HD ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1435275889.746910.jpg

2. Cerone

3. jcknows0

I'm pretty sure any tx usb cable will work but you will have to supply power from external battery or open up your phantom to run fpv cable in it. It is a lot easier if you get a zenmuse h3-3d though (not sure about weight differential) as most plug n' play cables are meant in conjunction with zenmuse and the footage will be in another league of usability.
    You can score them as low as $200 on B&H used, if you are interested. The cable is another $13 and you probably want iosd mini $55, and Tx is $28. All told another $300 minimum for full functionality.

4. Cerone

Also need a PMUv2 if he wants the iosd mini, right? Which is another $60-70.

5. jcknows0

Why would he need that, he has a phantom 2. I've seen used h3-3d come with it as well.

6. Cerone

He has a P1: