FPV was working, now nothing

Reaction score
I have a DJI Phantom 2 with H3-3D gimbal, an FPV system (Storm) plus and iOSD. After brining it to some experts, they got it working.

I loaded a program called “DJI Assistant”, and in the BASIC part/gain screen, I selected “default”. After this, I could not START the Phantom. I reconnected the Phantom to the software, and got an error message saying “Motor Start failure cause by TX stick(s) mid point error too big”.

The instructions on how to fix this were beyond me – very confusing.

I updated the firmware (top one), and I changed the gains to be somewhat higher than the default, power-cycled the remote several times, and eventually got to where the motors will start again.

BUT – NO FPV. I have jiggled the wires, checked what I can, but get no output, it seems, from the Storm FPV transmitter, which was working fine before.

Is there something I may have done in this software program do disable the FPV? HELP!

I think you have changed things you did not need to, but this is not affecting the FPV. FPV is NOT affected by resetting the IMU.

First things first...

Set the Phantom back to default and run both the RC assistant and DJi Phantom 2 assistant to calibrate the control sticks. Do the RC assistant first and then check this on the Phantom. Set your gains back to default, as if you have these too far off, the quadcopter may become un-flyable. Before you worry about the FPV, get the 'bird flying first!

Now check to see where the fault lies on the FPV.
Check the monitor system and camera are both set to NTSC. It is possible that you have set something to PAL and this prevents some systems from working. Others will auto-switch to the correct format.

Are you seeing a dark grey screen on your monitor, or is it noise or video mute (normally a blue screen)? If it is grey, then the video link is working, and the fault lies between the IOSD and the transmitter. If you can see the on screen data, but not a picture, the fault lies between the camera and IOSD. The IOSD has a green light that should flash when working correctly.

Common problems: Camera system and receiver not set to the correct format.
Cable fault
TX & RX not on same channel.
Faulty TX due to running without TX antennae.

You might need someone with some test gear and video experience to help you, as just jiggling a few wires sounds like it won't be enough.

Thanks - I will check out these suggestions.

On the monitor I see snow - the same as if the transmitter is not turned on at all.

How can I tell if the transmitter is transmitting in NTSC? I know the goPro is set to NTSC modec... ?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl