FPV Viewing Problem

Reaction score
When I am flying my Phantom 2 Vision+ and watching on my iPhone the video seems like I am watching what was recorded earlier in the flight rather than live. It is like it takes a while to catch up. I can fly and then land and in the video you are watching what you have just done. Can anyone help me with this? I have the setting on FPV. Thanks in advance.

What firmware is running on the phantom? I believe the latest one fixed fpv problems for a lot of people.

sdhawk1953 said:
When I am flying my Phantom 2 Vision+ and watching on my iPhone the video seems like I am watching what was recorded earlier in the flight rather than live. It is like it takes a while to catch up. I can fly and then land and in the video you are watching what you have just done. Can anyone help me with this? I have the setting on FPV. Thanks in advance.

A short (> 1 second) lag is normal but anything more than that is not. Try reducing the FPV quality. Try "optimizing" and unloading unused apps on your phone before you fly to free us as much memory on the phone as possible.

As others have said, FPV mode is probably not what you want for recorded video. It's intended for flying with goggles to give you the first person feel.

I am using an iPhone 4. I noticed yesterday the symbol for location services was on. I got that turned off and on my next try I will make sure all apps are off. May be a few days before I can try it again. Thanks for all the help. I'll let you know what I find.

Thanks everyone for the help. I finally got to try it with an Iphone 5S and it worked great. I plan on upgrading to Iphone 6 in September (Hopefully) so I'll have to live with it until then. I am going to try lowering the resolution next time.
Thanks again.

i had the same problem its the preview quality you need to bring down, i got mine on 15frames per second on a galaxy s3 mini works great with no lad but cant see the picture cause the phone is so ruddy small lol

should the location services on a ipad mini 2 be turned on or off for the best FPV.

The location services shouldn't bother the FPV however the more service turned off and not needed help to enhance the speed of the processor which can help the video by giving it more priority to its usage.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl