FPV unusable during video recording

Reaction score
Im using a Verizon ellipsis tablet and it works ok with minimal lag, but when I start recording video the FPV goes to about a 4 to 5 second lag and it's unusable. When the video is exported it plays smooth and clear but the thing is in un-flyable without looking up at it.

Is this normal? I don't like Apple products and im not interested in a shield or iPad. Would a black pearl HDMI screen solve the problem? That would be cheaper since I will eventually buy a fat shark.

Thanks for the help.

You should try a better quality SD card. Though video transmission and recording are independent functions but if SD card is slow to record, it might slow the whole process.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I assume you have an HDMI outlet on controller,otherwise need to factor that cost in as well,it is an easy modification to fit to the controller, but costs about £80-90 in uk. Black Pearl monitor about £150 UK. You can soon exceed cost of ipad mini 2, yes like you I do not like apple products, but I swallowed my pride and bought an ipad mini 2, and it works fine, the 7.9 screen is very useful.

I assume you have an HDMI outlet on controller,otherwise need to factor that cost in as well,it is an easy modification to fit to the controller, but costs about £80-90 in uk. Black Pearl monitor about £150 UK. You can soon exceed cost of ipad mini 2, yes like you I do not like apple products, but I swallowed my pride and bought an ipad mini 2, and it works fine, the 7.9 screen is very useful.

So I assume on the iPad mini you don't have very much lag while recording video?

So I assume on the iPad mini you don't have very much lag while recording video?
I use and iPad Mini 4 and have neglible lag, recording or not. Likewise my iPhone 6s, my iPad Air, and my iPad Pro. All work flawlessly with DJI products.

Yes the ipad mini works very well,I also use a Nexus 7 2nd gen, the ipad is better and has been flawless so far. Many others on this forum have reported good experience with the ipad mini.

I use VZ Ellipses too... not with FPV.....however... I have a 32 GB Samsung PRO U3 SD card. . Made a significant difference...i also completely dedicated the tablet to my Phantom. IE only DJI and DroneDeploy and DroneLogBook are added with most everything else removed or disabled.....before each launch I run a Kill Apps process that shuts down all un needed apps and then launch DJI...

If you havn't been there already check out DJI Phantom Accessories & Tips - Phantom Help look for the Lag Free Android device guide....and realize we are using a sub par device but 90% time works flawless for me. Good luck.

Sent from my SM-G935V using PhantomPilots mobile app

Lit_P, if you're not able to resolve that issue, you can find a device that'll work here.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik