Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

FPV Trying to Decide

Discussion in 'Photos and Video' started by GadgetRick, Mar 26, 2014.

1. GadgetRick

I'm trying to decide which FPV system to go with. There seem to be so many choices out there. I'd prefer something as close to plug n play as possible. Obviously, I'd like lighter weight as well. But I don't want to break the bank. :) I also need a HUD system along with it.

What suggestions do you all have?

Thanks in advance.

2. GadgetRick

Oh, I've got a DJ1 and GPH3 and just got the Tarot 2-d gimbal.

3. LuvMyTJ

LuvMyTJ ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Search around here a bit. There a UK outfit that sells the plug n play harness if you can't solder. If you can its super easy to do. There is a video I have posted here by a YT'er that shows it step by step.
    I went with a Skyzone Sky-702 monitor/receiver (no blue screen, very important), an Immersion 600 mW tx, Zenmuse gimbal with GoPro H3 BLK, and the DJI iOSD for data which I record on my MacBook Air.

4. GadgetRick

My days of soldering are way past me. I don't even have anything for that any longer. I'm really looking for something which works out of the box without soldering. I know there will be some assembly though.

5. LuvMyTJ

LuvMyTJ ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

6. kydan

I took my phantom to Hobby Town and they soldered some stuff for me for $2. :)

7. uwinnaing

I am using iOSD mini - 5.8 GHz FPV with 7 inches monitor. Using Cloverleaf antennas(replaced previous 2db antennas on both airside and grond side. Working alright please view some images captured from video with this craft.