FPV troubleshooting help

Reaction score
I just installed, on my Phantom 2 with H33D gimbal, a new Iosd mini, Fat Shark Immersion transmitter and a Lilliput receiver/monitor. I also used the preformed cables (no soldering on my part). The receiver/monitor says, on the box, that it is for the Immersion transmitter. My issue is that when I turn everything on the monitor says -no signal. I have tried switching channels on both the transmitter and receiver with similar results. The red light is on on the transmitter. How do I trouble shoot this? I have contacted several computer repair facilities to see if they have signal analyzers in this range - no they don't. I also tried the local hobby shop to see if they had a similar set up so that I could localize it to the transmitter or receiver - no luck there either. I don't want to swap the whole system out at this time cause I purchased each piece from a different source.
Is there an initialization required (hand shake)? Does anyone have a suggestion or perhaps there is someone around Stuart Florida with a similar system that would be willing to meet and see if my monitor works with your system or if you monitor works with my transmitter.

What channel is the ImmersionRC on?
What channel is the Lilliput on?
Did you update the iOSD bios or otherwise access it with iOSD Assistant?
are Phantom and GoPro both powered on?
Can you link exactly which cable you used? like from where you bough it

Both transmitter and receiver are on channel 5740M. Everything has been updated through DJI software. Cable is 'Plug and Play Cable: DJI Phantom 2 to iOSD Mini and Fat Shark/ImmersionRC Transmitter
by Quadcopter Club'. And yes everthing including the camera are on.

I know how you feel, the problem could really be anywhere. I think it's unlikely that the receiver/display is bad since it turns on... more likely either the transmitter or cable is bad because if the transmitter were working at all you would at least get a blank transmission, since you are getting "no signal" on 5740 (assuming the transmitter is indeed on 5740) that means the transmitter isn't sending anything... which means one of 2 things:
1) the transmitter is dead/bad
2) the transmitter is not receiving power via the cable.

Where do you live? Maybe you could check the local/regional forum and find some other guys near you that could test with their equipment?

Did you ever power on the phantom with the transmitter connected (to power) but no antenna attached? that can burn out a transmitter quickly. speaking of, what antennas are you using?

All,
I was able to diagnose the problem after I located someone with a similar system. It was the monitor and it is being replaced.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20