FPV TRANMITTER RECIEVER

Reaction score
hI , I Have DJI Phantom 1.1 , the transmitter is 5.8 ghz, I was looking to put on a FPV transmitter and receiver, but the one I have is also 5.8GHZ, is this likely to cause serious interference to the Quads controller? I know usually if one is 5,8 ghz the other should be 2.4 ghz.. ? so they don't interfere, any advice please :)

Do you have a FC40 ? All the 1.1 are 2.4 unless it's a knockoff .
If your flying on 5.8 you do not want FPV on 5.8 .
If you are on 5.8 you could use a GoPro with wifi & smart phone but it will be a lag and distance won't be real far .

Hi thanks for your help, my quad is a phantom vers 1,1 not FC40 , brought from Buzzflyer the transmitter is 5.8ghz , http://www.buzzflyer.co.uk/DJI-Innovati ... -182-2338/
was looking at GoPro, but made a mistake and have purchased 5.8ghz transmitter and receiver for fpv SkyZone 5.8Ghz 200mw FPV Wireless AV Tx & Rx Set , I must have had a moment of loss of control of the brain, for some reason at the point of purchase I had it in my head the quad was 2.4 ghz, I also ordered a 2.4 ghz signal booster for the Phantom transmitter, I put it down to too much Christmas cheer (hic) so I guess I have wasted money and brought all the wrong stuff.....a lesson in concentration learned I think,
thanks again for your help, going to bury my head in the sand now lol :)
regards
Chris

Thats a 1.1.1 same bird as I have it is a 2.4 flight controller .
I did not see anything saying its a 5.8 on the site unless its a UK thing ?

I'm looking at buying a phantom 1 at the moment to use with my sony action cam. Buzzflyer in the uk offer it with a 2.4 or a 5.8 transmitter so I was gonna go for 5.8 so I could use the wifi on my camera and the live view type app on my phone as a kind of fpv.

DJI only offers the phantom 1 on 2.4 so if you got a P1 with 5.8 the place you bought it is changing the controller for some reason :?:
hionbusa said:
I'm on the same boat here. I own a gopro 3 & 3+
I'm thinking about picking up one of these
http://www.banggood.com/Eachine-Light-L ... 33197.html
with a set of fatshark goggles or a BlackPearl Screen.
If your in the same boat dose that mean you have a phantom with 5.8 ? If so that transmitter works on 5.8 witch is a problem.I have no experience with that transmitter mounting that up words is going to be blocked by the bird so I would think the reception is going to be short .Just flip the cam and it'll be a lot better and if you do get that if your flying on 2.4 please post back on how well it works and how much dose it kill the GP battery ..

750r said:
Thats a 1.1.1 same bird as I have it is a 2.4 flight controller .
I did not see anything saying its a 5.8 on the site unless its a UK thing ?

Hi that's how I made my mistake, I think I had been looking at this model for a while and made assumption it was 2.4ghz, its only when I fitted the tilt control lever that I noticed the label on the back of the control unit and it said 5.8ghz.....

Attachments

• IMG_4520b.jpg
    IMG_4520b.jpg
    134.4 KB · Views: 507
750r, I can assure you there are definitely 5.8Ghz genuine DJI supplied phantom 1's around. They aren't well known about, but they exist. (As a sideline the FC40 is a 5.8ghz phantom, in a phantom box just with a 5.8ghz sticker on it and the fc40 cam in another seperate box) Trust me on this.

cdsinuk - you will need a 2.4ghz FPV / vtx vrx set up if you want to use it with the fc40 in it's current configuration but with a different camera. If you have already bought the gear and can't return it and therefore are sticking with 5.8 video, you can convert the phantom to 2.4ghz fairly easily for around (I believe) £50-60. You will get a better range for the phantom in 2.4 too

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31