FPV to Phantom 2(non-Vision) using tablet

Reaction score
Hello , I 'm new here, and would like a little help ... if possible.

Well, I'm using a transmitter TS353 Boscam in my Phantom 2 ( non -vision ) + GoPro 4 , and have available a Samsung Galaxy Tab S SM- T800 , I wonder how or what I need to do to be able to use it to receive video from GoPro...

Many Thanks! Sorry for spelling mistakes , English is not my native language .

I don't think there's any simple way to do what you want, except for replacing the video transmitter with a wifi-capable one.
Something like this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/141278273231?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT
Disclaimer: I've only seen the ad; I have no idea how well this product works.

Oh, there's also the issue of wifi interference with the controller. You'd ideally replace the tx/rx with the 5.8Ghz versions of the Vision models.
Really, it's probably better to get a video receiver compatible with your Boscam and also a battery-powered LCD monitor.

yea Mccloud the short answer is that you can NOT use a tablet to view 5.8Ghz broadcast FPV. tablets just don't work that way, you'd need a separate 5.8Ghz receiver and then somehow go video-in to your tablet (which you probably know isn't possible).

There's probably some super complicated way to make it happen, but you'd have to have some equipment in the middle you can't go direct from the 5.8Ghz broadcast signal to the tablet.

That's why we get little 7" FPV screens with 5.8Ghz receivers built into them and just attach an antenna and boom, done.

Hmm , right ...
I thought I could use an accessory to convert the data received by the 5.8Ghz receiver and then transfer to the tablet via wifi , the same happens with the phantom vision . But okay , thank you for helping me , I will see if I can an AV input with monitor to connect the receiver !

Many Thanks!

Actually, now that I think about it, that device I pointed out could potentially be used at the ground end to convert the video-out from the video receiver into a wifi signal that your tablet could then display. And since it's at the ground, next to the tablet, the wifi signal would be very low power, and probably not interfere with the controller's 2.4 Ghz signal to the Phantom.

However, the down-side of such an arrangement is greater latency (video delay) due to the additional processing required to convert the video signal to wifi and back again to video.

I looked some related videos and it seems that this method has a big delay ... I have to use an LCD screen with VGA input even !
Thanks for your help!

Only if your tablet has a driver and app that supports it. I think that means that only a Windows x86 tablet will work with that.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31