FPV through obstacle

Reaction score
Hi everybody, can someone tell me which are the best frequencies to make a FPV even if you are not in line of sight? with the 5.8 transmitter/receiver even a tree between you and the phantom can make the video signal disappear. how can i solve this?
thanks!

It can't. Its a feature of 5.8 and 2.4

Sent from my Galaxy Note 8

It's my understanding that helical antennas may work better with some obstacles like trees due to higher gain... the more coils the stronger the signal (but it also gets more directional- narrower angles to work with). I could be wrong of course as a relative newbie

KBurn said:
It's my understanding that helical antennas may work better with some obstacles like trees due to higher gain... the more coils the stronger the signal (but it also gets more directional- narrower angles to work with). I could be wrong of course as a relative newbie

thanks, does anyone has a real experience with helical antenna and flying behind trees? is it really better?

gmrwhite said:
KBurn said:

thanks, does anyone has a real experience with helical antenna and flying behind trees? is it really better?

Yes, I fly 5.8 through the trees often it makes for better pilot skills. With that said, you will experience a lot of interference no matter what antennas you use, but you need to learn how to deal with it. If you have diversity goggles, than you might see some benefit from a helical. I have a 5 turn helical on my BP Monitor, but it seems to use the mushroom. If you have Fatsharks, you're better off with a mushroom or spironet. I tried the 5 turn helical, but being directional, it was too narrow to get a decent signal that I couldn't see if the penetration was any better.

The lower the frequency, the better it can penetrate solid objects. Keep in mind that if your RC control is on 2.4GHz and your FPV is on a lower frequency, you may lose control before you lose FPV.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl