FPV Tablet question

Reaction score
I am looking to get something bigger than my Samsung S3. Have seen posts where the Samsung tablet has given people problems. Has anyone tried the 16GB 1.2GHz 7" Google Andriod 4.1 or does have an alternative. Would like to stick with the andriod format. Thanks

Using the Nexus 7 here, with no issues at all. Only complaint is the glare. I just ordered an anti-glare film...

How are you mounting them on the controller?
What hood or filters are people using and are they effective?

I have mounted my nexus 7 on my patch antenna tripod conversion.. For me it is a bit big to TX mount although some have.

All sorts of homebrew adaptions have been made, and some have slightly modified off-the-shelf holders to work with the existing transmitter clip's ball joint.

The simplest one I saw was using the stock clip with a piece of pvc plastic or similar that had been shaped into an elongated "S" - put the bottom of the tablet onto the bottom jaw of the slip, hook one end of the plastic S over the top of the tablet, hook the bottom end into the top jaw of the stock clip. Simple, secure, instantly swappable if you want/need to use your phone for some reason.

Count said:
Using the Nexus 7 here, with no issues at all. Only complaint is the glare. I just ordered an anti-glare film...

Same here. It was overcast yesterday, so the Nexus 7 was absolutely perfect. Please let us know how you make out with the anti-glare film.

Thanks...
-slinger

It seems there are two Nexus 7 models. The original and the newer 2013 model.

Do the original, older Nexus 7s work OK? They are still available and are cheaper and I will only use it with my Phantom Vision.

I already wasted $180.00 on a Samsung tablet that I will donate to the Salvation Army because it doesn't work.

karlsch said:

Do the original, older Nexus 7s work OK? They are still available and are cheaper and I will only use it with my Phantom Vision.

I already wasted $180.00 on a Samsung tablet that I will donate to the Salvation Army because it doesn't work.

I can only say the 2013 Nexus works fine as this is what I use..

karlsch said:

I have the original Nexus 7 (because I'm cheap !) It works fine. Never had a problem with it.

-slinger

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31