FPV starter

Reaction score
Have no experience with this. After ordering fpv goggles, how will i have to install it?

First of all FPV flying takes experienced pilots using goggles only. There are many types and most come with the instructions as. To how to connect to the unit. Some take a particular cable for your application. When you get it you'll need to look over the info for you application and equipment. Good luck!

I'm just getting into the drone world and recently purchased the Phantom 3 Ex. What I'm seeing is there are normally little to no instructions with additional equipment. I've tried for two days to power up the Fat Shark V3 and had no progress as of date. There were no set up instructions and all the tutorials I've watched tend to compare instead of actually showing each step. I did install the receiver into the goggles as instructed but still no picture when I power up. Is there something else to purchase that I may require? I have the HDMI port on the controller as well as the Fat Shark goggles. Is there a U-Tube that will explain all the steps so an ignorant man like myself can follow? Thanks!

What RoyVa said... I've been flying for nearly 2 years now and have only dabbled with goggle only fpv. So take it slow. Use spotters when you are flying and start with concentrating on the screen. So if you get lost you can just look up.

With the install you need a hdmi out box for the controller on the p3 (I assume that's what you have) tell me what you're running if not. Then charge your fatshark battery and plug in the hdmi to mini hdmi lead if you have one (which you will need) then cycle through the sources with the goggles and you're away.

As for m d page just follow what I just said there and it should work. You dont need to install the receiver though that is for analogue fpv links for racing etc. Your digital down link is received through the controller and passed on to your goggles from there. You might need to remove the receiver to make anything work. Best bet though is to read the goggles manual avaliable from the fat shark website in full so you are totally familiar with the goggles before you do anything with them and how the switches work.

But yea be careful with fpv goggles. They're great fun when used carefully but obviously restrict your outside view. So always use spotters! It might even be illegal to fly without them depending on where you live.

Hope this helps.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20