FPV Solution Advice

Reaction score
I am looking at using the following configuration for FPV, any advice or suggestions on the setup:

Nvidia Shield K1 tablet (Using HDMI Out)
Cinemizer 1909-127 OLED Multimedia Video Glasses with sun shade.

I was considering using the HDMI module however I would prefer to have all my telemetry come though on FPV. From what I can gather the Cinemizer's give better visuals than the FatShark models.

Sent from my SM-G935F using PhantomPilots mobile app

I bought $14 FPV goggles at Walmart and the Litchi app. Works great for what I need.

I am looking at using the following configuration for FPV, any advice or suggestions on the setup:

Nvidia Shield K1 tablet (Using HDMI Out)
Cinemizer 1909-127 OLED Multimedia Video Glasses with sun shade.

I was considering using the HDMI module however I would prefer to have all my telemetry come though on FPV. From what I can gather the Cinemizer's give better visuals than the FatShark models.

Sent from my SM-G935F using PhantomPilots mobile app
I ma using the Cinemizers on my P4P+ via the HDMI port and yes the telemetry is viewable. Basically you're viewing the same on the goggles as on your tablet/phone.

I ma using the Cinemizers on my P4P+ via the HDMI port and yes the telemetry is viewable. Basically you're viewing the same on the goggles as on your tablet/phone.

Thanks for the response, so I can bypass the tablet and just use the HDMI module? What is your experience like with them, worth the price? The reviews out there seem to be very mixed. Also, do you find they fog up easily (Noticed the FatShark ones have a fan for this)?

Thanks for the response, so I can bypass the tablet and just use the HDMI module? What is your experience like with them, worth the price? The reviews out there seem to be very mixed. Also, do you find they fog up easily (Noticed the FatShark ones have a fan for this)?
Actually, the new Fatsharks (version 3) have built it fans to stop the fogging. In regards to the Cinemizers, if you plan on strictly using them for FPV; then IMO its "overkill" and Fatsharks are fine. If you're a "gamer" then the Cinemizers make sense for the cost.

I bought $14 FPV goggles at Walmart and the Litchi app. Works great for what I need.

Which ones? I want to give fpv goggles a try with my Nvidia tablet but want to try some cheap ones first.

I can't seem to find any fpv goggles that are cheap to try out that utilize HDMI.

They are either Google cardboard type monstrosities or $400.

I can't seem to find any fpv goggles that are cheap to try out that utilize HDMI.

They are either Google cardboard type monstrosities or $400.
Exactly, I suggest that maybe you find a vendor that has a return policy. Buy & try them, if you're not satisfied return them.

I don't have $400 bucks to go rent an experience.
Nor do I want to take the chance.

Surely there are some cheap alternatives for HDMI goggles.

Ya
I didn't know you weren't using g HDMI
And
Yes I was curious as to a cheap HDMI setup.

Thanks for the help.

I am torn between the Avegant Glyph and Cinemizer Glasses, for those who own either of the devices what is your experience like and would you purchase it again?

I have the Glyphs and it is pretty awesome because you can look up and down to see the real world. I haven't tried the Cinimizers but they look pretty cool too.

With respect to HDMI output. The P4P+ controller comes with HDMI output and it mirrors the display. My understanding is that the add on HDMI module for the P4P does not display telemetry.

Let us know which way you go.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20