Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

FPV setup

Discussion in 'Phantom 1 Help' started by CyberVet65, Feb 9, 2014.

1. CyberVet65

I have a P1. I recently purchased the PMU module and the mini iOSD module. All I need now is the Video TX and RX and a monitor?
    I am trying to stuff everything inside the shell. It is tight. Then I learn you can buy an upgraded board that has the PMU installed and is set up so that a GCU is not required. True? It would provide more room with the upgraded board. Any thoughts?
    Thanks.

2. FangsCPO

I've always seen the iOSD installed on the outside of the Phantom. That should give you a little bit of room in the shell. Good Luck!

3. adam12hicks

This is one of the reasons I went with the upgrade board when installing my Gimbal. I can't handle all the clutter! Especially glad now that I can solder my 4 wires to add CAN bus to the upgrade board ;-)

I wonder if you could replace your P1 shell with a P2 shell as others are doing, and have some additional room in the battery compartment + stock size battery as normal. Just a thought.

4. CyberVet65

That is interesting because I have a P2 shell in the box here. I am waiting for the upgraded board before putting everything in the new shell.
    Just to make sure I have this right. The upgrade eliminates the PMU box and the GCU for the gimbal? And the iOSD still is required? I am going with a monitor instead of the goggles.
    So the board will get a couple of things out of the way.
    Chet