fpv setup - what do you think?

Reaction score
Had my phantom for a week, but have been unable to fly due to the snow. So I went ahead and set up my FPV.

Im using the Black Pearl monitor with dual receivers - Immersion patch on one channel, and spironet on the other.
Iosd mini. Immersion 600mw tx, with spironet offset to one side (not the compass side) to hopefully avoid interference with the gimbal.

Anyone see any changes I should make to my setup? Im new to fpv, and not 100% sure this is the best way to set up the antennas, but its worth a shot!

**not sure why, but on my tablet this picture is cropped and I can only see the patch antenna. Click on the pic and you can see the whole picture.

It's not near the compass side which is good but it is a little close to your 2.4GHz antenna which can reduce the performance of both systems. Try it straight down. Looks like it drops down enough so that your gimbal won't impact LOS.

ianwood said:
It's not near the compass side which is good but it is a little close to your 2.4GHz antenna which can reduce the performance of both systems. Try it straight down. Looks like it drops down enough so that your gimbal won't impact LOS.

Thank you, I wasnt sure if it would affect the 2.4ghz antenna. I will make it drop straight out of the rear instead of offset. Thanks again!

tawd77 said:
ianwood said:

Thank you, I wasnt sure if it would affect the 2.4ghz antenna. I will make it drop straight out of the rear instead of offset. Thanks again!

Can't tell from the picture, but while you're at it, make sure the tip (exposed area) of the 2.4GHz antennas are as straight as possible. If they are curved and kinked, it will impact their performance pretty significantly.

Can't tell from the picture, but while you're at it, make sure the tip (exposed area) of the 2.4GHz antennas are as straight as possible. If they are curved and kinked, it will impact their performance pretty significantly.

Very useful info thanks.

ianwood said:
tawd77 said:
ianwood said:

Thank you Ian, i will make sure they are straight.

tawd77 said:
Had my phantom for a week, but have been unable to fly due to the snow. So I went ahead and set up my FPV.

Im using the Black Pearl monitor with dual receivers - Immersion patch on one channel, and spironet on the other.
Iosd mini. Immersion 600mw tx, with spironet offset to one side (not the compass side) to hopefully avoid interference with the gimbal.

Anyone see any changes I should make to my setup? Im new to fpv, and not 100% sure this is the best way to set up the antennas, but its worth a shot!

please let us know your range if you got chance to fly. that patch panel is it worth the money? can you please tell us the different result without it on.

leekawey said:
tawd77 said:

please let us know your range if you got chance to fly. that patch panel is it worth the money? can you please tell us the different result without it on.

i have that patch too,haven't used it yet-weather sucks.waiting on reply as well.

I still havent had a chance to fly my phantom. I think I should have a good chance this weekend as its suppose to warm up some. I have never flown a quad beside my Nano qx, so I probably wont be letting the phantom get too far away for the first few flights. As soon as Im comfortable with it, I will try a range test and report back.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj