FPV setup - help

Reaction score
Ok, so I just got the following:
iosd mini
5.8 2000mW video downlink transmitter
5.8 clover antenna (2)
5.8 11 db high gain patch antenna
Black pearl

Can you point me to videos or show me how to set this up. I think I have to do a little soldering. No prob.
Really appreciate pointing me in the right direction.
Excited

Can we assume that you're referring to the FlySight Black Mamba 2W video transmitter?

And can we also assume all this is going on a P2 w/H3-3D gimbal?

No worries, just wanted to make sure you got the right info. And boy do I have some good news for you! With the following two wiring packs you can connect everything on your list that goes on the Phantom, without needing to do any soldering:

http://www.rangevideo.com/en/accessorie ... -4pin.html
http://www.rangevideo.com/en/h33d-parts ... lehub.html

(Both of those sets will be needed for your assortment of gear)

The cables at the first link are new, I just discovered them today! If you use those then installation should be pretty easy, and we can help you if you have any questions once they arrive.

The antennae are pretty simple too, the cloverleafs should be labeled as to which is for the Tx (Black Mamba) and which is for the Rx (either of the mounts on the Black Pearl). The Patch antenna will go on the other mount on the monitor.

How did you like the Black Mamba TX5820? What range are you getting? I'm thinking of upgrading to this one from my 500mw one.

super old thread but what antennas do you have lg ? a 500mW transmitter like the TS352 with the proper antennas should easily be able to surpass the operating distance of the Phantom itself.

QYV said:
super old thread but what antennas do you have lg ? a 500mW transmitter like the TS352 with the proper antennas should easily be able to surpass the operating distance of the Phantom itself.
Sorry for the late reply. I actually ended up getting the black mamba with the ibcrazy bluebeam 3 lobe RH polarized antenna on the tx side. On the receiver I have a circular wireless directional RH polarized antenna and I'm getting some very nice range. I crossed all of biscayne bay in Miami with a booster on the remote I'm getting 3km+ with perfect cristal clear FPV and then my remote cuts out even with the booster. I'm sure my range won't go much further since my battery is pretty low by that point and I need to hurry back. This is all in downtown miami where I have a lot of buildings and other interference. The actual flying is over water so that helps somewhat.

In pure city flying with heavy interference (everything from many other buildings with wifi, a bunch of cell phone towers, and power distribution lots). I fly it off my 19th floor apt balcony and I can get about 1.5km until my remote kicks into failsafe and sends me home. The FPV is cristal clear.

I ordered a 3w booster for the remote I'll see what range I can get with that...

Overall I'm very happy with the black mamba and it made a huge difference from my 500mw dji tx. This is using the exact same antennas.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic