FPV Setup - Bang Good

Reaction score
Hi Guys, long time lurker, first time poster, I know this is regularly asked and there are pros and cons and opinions for everything but just wondering what you think of the below kit? I have a non vision with gopro, nothing else just wondering if this is all I need to go from a fun toy to a serious photography tool.

Thanks!

Attachments

• Capturefpv.JPG
    Capturefpv.JPG
    56.9 KB · Views: 642
Looks like a good setup. I dunno about anything about that receiver though. In any case I would definitely recommend a helical antenna on your receiver for long range, as well as higher-quality antennas in general. FPVLR has a nice matched set here (although there are other brands to choose from too):

http://fpvlr.com/shop/index.php?route=p ... uct_id=106

Data point: With the lower-power 400 mW TS353 I've gotten ranges of 3 km with the FPVLR antennas linked above.

3km, wow, that's great, to be honest with you I tend to keep things fairly line of sight, so its really for the framing, I suppose I can always add new antennas later on?

Do I need any other wires to get this up and running, or does the iosd and everything just all fit together with a bit of soldering?

Thanks for your help, really appreciate it.

I don't know about the OSD, but the receiver/monitor is all set. You may have to solder (or crimp on a connector) for the Tx power lead if you're going to power it off of the Phantom. I have a similar set-up; Gopro with same transmitter and Boscam LCD-5802. The TS832 puts out the most power on channel E4, so that's what I use.

To get the most out of a diversity receiver one antenna should be omni-directional (like the cloverleaf you ordered) and the other should be a high gain directional type. I have one of these http://www.banggood.com/FPV-5_8G-11db-A ... 88213.html. I suggest that you also put a cloverleaf on your transmitter.

I also prefer to keep my Phantom in sight and use the monitor for framing. I haven't had it out more than about 500m and get good reception.

Cheers mate, I will stick one of those on the shopping list as well then, thanks for the advice. I was going to get a monitor holder, but the screen I have there comes with one , not sure of the quality, we will wait and see. How do you charge the battery on the screen do you need an AC adapter, might as well get one of them at the same time.

Any idea what plug the Boscam screens use?

Cheers for all your help!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20