FPV setup and 1.3ghz vs 5.8ghz

Reaction score
I have a phantom 2, zenmuse h3 3d, gopro hero 3 setup and was wondering what the best fpv setup would be for me. My plan is to use fatshark dominator HD for further distance fpv and a screen for up close shots when I need to glance back and forth from screen to quadcoptor (not using goggles and screen at same time).

Would anyone recommend that I use 1.3ghz rather than 5.8ghz to help me get better picture when flying around, especially if I will be flying behind buildings and trees? I'm thinking the blue beam ultra 1.3 or 5.8 antenna set.

My understanding is that I would need a 1.3/2.4 Notch filter to minimize interference with my stock 2.4ghz radio if going with 1.3ghz video tx / rx? Not sure what other parts / wires I need as well?

Does the hassle and lack of support from fatshark and others with 1.3ghz modules make it not worth going that route?

Sorry for all the questions and thanks for your help!

Are you really sure flying behind trees and buidings has safety and responsible flying in mind?

Sent from my Galaxy Note 8

To be honest I would avoid 1.2 or 1.3Ghz as they can interfere with GPS signals (harmonic interference) and it's not worth the risk...

Flying behind a building will result in a loss of signal no matter what you used.

TeamYankee said:
To be honest I would avoid 1.2 or 1.3Ghz as they can interfere with GPS signals (harmonic interference) and it's not worth the risk...

Flying behind a building will result in a loss of signal no matter what you used.
Low pass filter should fix that.

+1 to safe flying.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav