FPV SET UP

Reaction score
New to the Phantom but been fly RC helicopters for 4-5 years.
Wanna start aerial video, researched and want to know if this is what I need.

Immersion 5.8 600 me transmitter
5.8 Fatshark spiral antennas
5.8 a Black Perarl monitor
DJI iOSD plus plug and play cable.
Was wondering, for I need anything else? Kept seeing a HUB THING? Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Do you have a camera (GoPro) and gimbal (H3-3D or H4-3D)?

New to the Phantom but been fly RC helicopters for 4-5 years.
Wanna start aerial video, researched and want to know if this is what I need.

Immersion 5.8 600 me transmitter
5.8 Fatshark spiral antennas
5.8 a Black Perarl monitor
DJI iOSD plus plug and play cable.
Was wondering, for I need anything else? Kept seeing a HUB THING? Thanks.

The Hub is only for the AVL58 transmitter setup. Use this plug n play cable. Might also think of installing the iOSD inside the shell.
P'n'P cable for DJI Phantom 2 connecting iOSD Mini with ImmersionRC fat shark
IMG_1551.jpg

Thanks so much. Just what a I needed and what I have on the way.

The Hub is only for the AVL58 transmitter setup. Use this plug n play cable. Might also think of installing the iOSD inside the shell.
P'n'P cable for DJI Phantom 2 connecting iOSD Mini with ImmersionRC fat shark
View attachment 39944
Jason ~ I have my mini iosd mounted under my P2, but am going to put it inside - like yours. Question: does the CAN bus sensor need to be aimed "precisely" forward? Or will it calibrate fine even if it's slightly off? I'm just wondering how accurate I have to be when placing that unit atop the mini iosd...

Jason ~ I have my mini iosd mounted under my P2, but am going to put it inside - like yours. Question: does the CAN bus sensor need to be aimed "precisely" forward? Or will it calibrate fine even if it's slightly off? I'm just wondering how accurate I have to be when placing that unit atop the mini iosd...

I simply used double backed tape under the black iOSD cable and stuck it onto iOSD with the can-bus connector attached. So now everything is attached and not likely rattle around.

The CAN module can be placed wherever or however you want.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

The CAN module can be placed wherever or however you want.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

The reason for mounting the iOSD inside the shell is that it makes for a cleaner installations and less drag then if it were left outside. Since there hasn't been any update since was introduced in Dec of 2013 and there isn't likely to be an update it's a good place for it.

Reactions: Qoncussion
You have the right pieces for the FPV set-up, exactly what I have with my set-up.

were have you put the immersion rc. I watched a guide on you tube the guy on there just stuck it to the bottom of the phantom with 3m sticky pad.
correct me if im wrong but when the immersion heats up would it not just un stick it self from the pad.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.