Fpv set up help with possible ground station.

Reaction score
So I what to purchase a fpv system for my p2 with h3 3d gimbal. Below is what I was going to purchase. Is this a good set up? How complicated b/c I have been watching a ton of YouTube videos to try and figure it out. Lastly, is it worth it to buy the ground station set up for the iPad? My fear is it will add too much weight. Plus I'll have to find a video on how to hook it all together.

Buy the selected items together

FlySight 7 Ch Black Pearl 5.8Ghz 7" Diversity Monitor with Integrated Battery (RC801) $229.00

DJI iOSD Mini On-Screen Display for Real-Time Flight Information (Black) $67.57

Immersion RC 600mw 5.8 GHz A/V Transmitter $78.00

Some decent antennas.

Do I need the plug and play adapter or any other hook ups? I've never soldered.

I have this exact setup and love it. I would recommend the plug and play. I used it on my setup and all the connections seem nice and snug it also looks very clean. Sorry though I can't speak for the ground station. Maybe someone else will chime in about that. As far as antenna's I would recommend fpvlr.com. Tony is doing an awesome job with his antennas.

AShip005, your setup is fine although you could save a little $ going the Boscam / RX-LCD5802 route if you don't need the HDMI port on the BP.

regardless, you need something to tie together the Phantom mainboard (where the H3-3D carries the video signal), the iOSD Mini and video transmitter. If you don't feel like soldering your own cable, indeed there are Plug and Play cables that accomplish this. You can find links to bother versions of the cable (ImmersionRC vs Boscam) in the "lowest prices on FPV components" stickythread in this forum.

I also highly recommend the FPVLR antennas: they're simply the best.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan