FPV RECEIVER/MONITOR HELP!!!

Reaction score
Hello All,

First time starting a thread on here...looking forward to some good information and dialogue. I just purchased and started flying with my new gimbal I bought for about $100 on ebay. I am loving it! Now...I am looking into FPV capability. I came across this after doing some research and I think this is a great lightweight alternative for a receiver...http://laserbgc.com/index.php?route=pro ... duct_id=64. First, has anyone used this? And second, how did it work?

I understand the range on this is not the best, but for what I am trying to do I think it will be perfect. I am not trying to fly out of sight and I am basically using this to see what I am shooting within 100-400 feet from where I will be standing.

Of course my next question and the reason for my post is to find an affordable all in on monitor and receiver to display the video while flying. Preferably, I would like something with a built in battery and reciver. Does anybody have any recommendations? Hopefully under $200.

Thanks for the anticipated help! :D :D :D

I have two concerns with that Tx. It looks like the antenna and module would interfere with mounting the Gopro on your Phantom or gimble. Also camera batteries don't last that long, so I wouldn't want to suck any more power from the camera.

For a lot less money you could get a known good Tx that is powered off of the Phantom battery. Also you might as well get one that has better range in case you ever need it. Hobby King has pretty good prices. http://hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__ ... _8GHz.html

You could go with the 10 mw Boscam one, but I'd suggest the 200 mw one for $2 more. It weighs only 25 gm. and should be good for 500m with the stock antenna. If you ever want to extend the range you can get a set of cloverleaf antennas.

There are lots of monitors out there. Get one with a high brightness rating and a built in receiver to minimize cable/wire connections. Also make sure it operates on the same frequencies as the Tx.

Joe

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31