FPV reccomendations for Phantom 2?

Reaction score
Hi,

I know there are a lot of you who are FPV pioneers.. I'd like a bit of advice before I spend a lot money. I have had a phantom since they came out and recently got a V2 with a Zenmuse with a Hero3+. My Phantom v1 has a Hummer+ gimbal.

I'd like to put FPV on my V2. I'd like something that works well around trees. I prefer a monitor and not goggles.
My initial guess was to go with DJI AVL58 w/ 500MW. It is integrated and seems to be RELIABLE and work well in adverse condition. Though I HAVE NO IDEA. I had heard that BOSCOM 200mw works great too, cheap and would be effective within the range of the DJI (900M)

In all cases I am told that Cloverleaf antennas are really the true optimization versus power (200MW vs 500MW)

A simple 200mw Boscom setup from Hobbyking is 60 bucks + 40 more for 2 clover antennas.. Cheap. AVL58 209 bucks.. not so cheap.

So from everyone's experience (clover antennas aside..) Are the AVL58 worth the extra 100 bucks?? I'm not going to be going outside of my 1000m range max and would likely stay in the 500M range (My Phantom Vision range is about 350M)

Your thoughts and input would be GREAT!!

Happy new year!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl