FPV Range Disconnect

Reaction score
I was flying my P2V today. Wide open field, straight out at about 970' I lost FPV. So I began to bring the P2V back towards me, but it never reconnect FPV. Is there some trick or should it just reconnect when back in range? Why would it not reconnect all by itself?

I have been experiencing this issue, along with the app crashing whenever I move the camera angle, up or down. Unfortunately,DJI hastily released their update for iOS without even bothering to test it on a p2v and now everyone with an iOS device is experiencing the same issues. The update does allow you to connect to phantom hotspot and remain connected to your mobile data network to allow for ground station to download maps while in flight. Not a killer app feature if you ask me, and definitely not worth grounding thousands of p2vs around the world. Hopefully a fix comes sooner than later.

^ exactly why I have not updated to the lastest app

I don't want to be unable to fly my phantoms unless the weather doesn't permit me to

yea I am wondering about the apple too. I haven't done it yet. Getting back to reconnecting, You can try and reconnect during flight. Just go to your settings and see if the Phantom is still recognized as a wifi network. Just reconnect.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.