FPV Range after fpvlr stage 2 upgrade

Reaction score
Hi
I installed fpvlr stage 2 on my p2v and took it for some field test. I got to around 1800ft and then i lost fpv. I haven't tried to test the range of the control signal yet (without fpv I didn't want to venture further) can someone tell me if this is the range u usually get for fpv with fpvlr stage 2? I am not using any booster.

Not knowing exactly what brand or style of FPV upgrade you performed, I would HIGHLY recommend the ITELITE BDS mod... I'm getting 3000'+ distance with perfect FPV signal to my iPhone 6 plus with perfect control with my transmitter...

Hi
I installed fpvlr stage 2 on my p2v and took it for some field test. I got to around 1800ft and then i lost fpv. I haven't tried to test the range of the control signal yet (without fpv I didn't want to venture further) can someone tell me if this is the range u usually get for fpv with fpvlr stage 2? I am not using any booster.
Couldn't find my best as that's been awhile ago but this was no problem here .
Have had the DBS also and could get this also but the FPVLR went farther but had to be higher . IMG_0934.PNG Just stage 2 .
I also have the RE700 .

Thats really good dirkclod :) i have the re500...may b thats why im getting just 1800ft. Planning to get the sunhans amps for fpv :) hopefully that will sync fpv range with control

Thats really good dirkclod :) i have the re500...may b thats why im getting just 1800ft. Planning to get the sunhans amps for fpv :) hopefully that will sync fpv range with control
I almost tripled my FPV switching to a RE700 extender and had to mod my TX cause I could see farther than I could go. Is how I started with the antennas .
I looked last nite after I posted that screenshot and my best with that stage 2 and RE700 was around 5500' with FPV .
I fly in the country, no noise . I had to be high though .

It's really impressive:) have u tried the dbs mod people r talking about? How good r those compared to fpvlr?

Yes I tried the panel also .I had already added the FPVLR birdsides to mine though and they didn't match as well with it .
I never tried it with stock antennas on my bird . I liked it as I could go farther at 200' up than with Tony's.
Now Tony has made some birdside's to match the DBS panel and I haven't tried them yet but think that set up will be great .
DBS's is cheaper for the stage 2 and If I was just starting out and know what I have seen over the last year trying all this
I would get the DBS panel and the FPVLR birdside's that match it .
This is just what I would do .
When I started with FPVLR he didn't have the stage 2 kit like he does now and had to make mine or the panel anyway .
Mine looks like this . Not pretty but works great :) 2.jpg

I wouldn't say it's not a pretty setup :) looks very nice. I like the tablet holder u have got...I've to get one for myself :) i have not made any upgrade on the birdside yet... I got a p2v with fpvlr stage 2 and just ordered the sunhans 2.5w 2.4ghz booster for fpv. Speaking of birdside upgrade, how difficult was it for u to get the "black goo of death" off from the receiver?

Reactions: dirkclod
Thanks . Tablet holder is OK but now ya can get that Inspire one and just install it for about the same money .
Black Is very doable but not the easiest thing I've done. The camera was harder for me to do .

Please, any recomendation between the FPVLR stage 2 or the Itelite DBS extender? Itelite looks cleaner and more elegant than the FPVLR ugly one. But at the end, the important thing would be: which one is easier to install , and which one will give me a larger WIFI video range on my P2V+

JIMO...DBS panel . The way you mod the extender is the same for both . The only thing is where you put the holes in your extender as I put mine to far apart the first time and just moved it over and put a sticker over the hole . mod.jpg That clamp ya see is what holds the panel on your extender .I had 1 hole to far to the left .As far as distance it really depends where you are and how much noise you have .
It's only $100.00 . and FPVLR's are more . The panel looks good on the TX and ya don't have to be as careful with it .
Am not knocking Tony's at all as that's what I started with but I try everything just to be doing it .
There's a long thread in P2V+ Mods on DBS antennas and ya need to look at it :)

Reactions: numair84
JIMO...DBS panel . The way you mod the extender is the same for both . The only thing is where you put the holes in your extender as I put mine to far apart the first time and just moved it over and put a sticker over the hole . View attachment 29883 That clamp ya see is what holds the panel on your extender .I had 1 hole to far to the left .As far as distance it really depends where you are and how much noise you have .
It's only $100.00 . and FPVLR's are more . The panel looks good on the TX and ya don't have to be as careful with it .
Am not knocking Tony's at all as that's what I started with but I try everything just to be doing it .
There's a long thread in P2V+ Mods on DBS antennas and ya need to look at it :)
ITELITE Antenna Owners Thread: 4 MILES WITH P3P (page 31) | DJI Phantom Forum

Reactions: numair84
JIMO...DBS panel
Dirkclod, thank you very much for your comments. Very useful. One more question: If I install the Itelite only, will I get extra range in obstructed areas, i.e., let's say I currently get 500 feet in a particular busy area, will I get more range, or , I won't see any improvement unless the area is free of obstacles? I see on majority of posts that you need line of sight or that the Itelite is very directional. I''ll appreciate your point of view.

Dirkclod, thank you very much for your comments. Very useful. One more question: If I install the Itelite only, will I get extra range in obstructed areas, i.e., let's say I currently get 500 feet in a particular busy area, will I get more range, or , I won't see any improvement unless the area is free of obstacles? I see on majority of posts that you need line of sight or that the Itelite is very directional. I''ll appreciate your point of view.
Yes you will but only trying it is going to tell you how much. No set distance as everywhere is different .
You not gonna beable to fly behind buildings or full foliage tree's if that what asking but like I said I could fly lower with it . I do fly past tree's and out as I fly my long trips over woods and fields .
There's a DBS video in that long thread I posted where he fly's Way off to the left then right holding the panel straight ahead .I will try and find it .
Impressed me ! I did see though where ya do have to try and aim it good but you do all of em going for distance .

I see on majority of posts that you need line of sight or that the Itelite is very directional. I''ll appreciate your point of view.
YT is full of his test and this one is with a Inspire but seen the same thing I believe with the plus .
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

YT is full of his test and this one is with a Inspire but seen the same thing I believe with the plus .
You are a great blogger. Some people here are nasty, but you really want to help and collaborate. Hope you don't work for DBS ... LOL .... bcs I think you have sold it...

Reactions: Mark The Droner
You are a great blogger. Some people here are nasty, but you really want to help and collaborate. Hope you don't work for DBS ... LOL .... bcs I think you have sold it...
Thanks for the compliment bro :) I don't..I just try everything and have since I started over a year ago .Is just what I like to do .
I read in here a lot and just have seen about all in here .
Yes some are nasty but ya just got to look past them .

I have always had a RE700 on my Vision and have always removed the panel antennas from the FC200 and have yours on it now .
They didn't do so well when I tried the Panel but you hadn't came out with the matching antennas then . The bird I'm modding now is
gonna have both and will see how that fly's ;)
I have always tried them all and guess it's where ya at and how you fly on how far ya can go .

@FPVLR, I have one of those "botched installs". This is probably the wrong thread but I need some advice, I sent email but that didn't work. I installed your set-up and I thought I followed the directions in the vidoe to the letter, with one exception (always an exception isn't there). I broke the antenna connector off the transmitter module, bought a new RC unit and took that module and put it on my old RC unit. Put everything back together and now it won't work. I did a "rebind", I did a firmware update (just in case) but I keep getting a "config err". I've re-calibrated, that worked fine on the RC but not so well on Phantom Assistant. When I calibrate the Phantom, the software doesn't see the sticks at all. I'm working on a Phantom 2 Vision, any suggestions as to what I should try next? I'm probably one of those people who should box everything up and send it back to the factory but I have to keep trying.

Hi, did you make sure you got a 5.8ghz transmitter module? there are 2.4ghz modules for P2 (non vision) radios out there, that wouldn't work
That's what the new unit says on the back and they are the same model number.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.