FPV randomly "freezes"

Reaction score
Aloha from Maui, Hawaii gang,

This is my first post so I hope I get this right.

I have a PV2. With about 50 flights under my belt, I'm getting a pretty good grasp of things. Recently while flying, My FPV froze up. I know I didn't lose the signal completely because I was still receiving height, distance, and direction. The last time I flew, things were just fine for the first 5-7 minutes. Max distance was around 500 feet away and height was around 60 feet. The the FPV froze. I brought it back and reacquired the FPV at right around 50 feet away. Once I'd get back to 100-120 feet away, picture would freeze up again and I'd have to come back.

I'm ruling out any interference. I'd flown in the same place a few times and it hadn't happened before. I'm pretty far away from anything. I had also flown in an area where I was convinced there'd be interference and at 1000 feet away, I had no loss of signal.

I'm getting ready for a trip in Sept. and am REALLY hoping to have this resolved before then. Any Ideas???

This is a known issue if you're running iOS7 on your tablet or iPhone. Supposedly DJI is aware of the issue and a long awaited fix is in the works! From what I've seen in recent posts the android app has been resolved with the same issue.

This is a known issue if you're running iOS7 on your tablet or iPhone. Supposedly DJI is aware of the issue and a long awaited fix is in the works! From what I've seen in recent posts the android app has been resolved with the same issue.

I had the same problem after updating to 1.1.40. It's been solid since I rolled back to 1.1.38. The higher res @ 30fps was pretty nice, but not when I couldn't get a steady feed. I've been using the 640 res @ 15fps and it works fine for my purposes.

Hey Andy,
Sorry this is off topic but I'm in Maui with my DJI Phantom 2. Wondering if you wanna go fly or know or some good spots. This forum won't allow me to private message just yet. Please call or text me (916)420-2644

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1