FPV question

Reaction score
Setup:

ImmersionRC 600mw Vx with circular polarized antenna
Black Pearl 7" with two antennas: one circular polarized (pointed to sky) and one linear, pointed parallel to the ground.

I have catching up to speed with fpv. For my first series of flights, I was not getting the strong fpv signal that I want. It was spotty and had lots of interference. We then flew in a field and I was able to to 300m or so (as far as I'm comfortable). I repeated this at one other location over the weekend.

Last night my system was acting funny. Generally if I block one of the antennas, the other antenna takes over. That's the beauty with the dual redundant system, and you can tell which antenna is prioritized due to the blue LED on the blackpearl monitor. Last night there was no oscillation between my antennas, even when I blocked the primary with my hand. I was switching the antennas between battery changes and there was no change in "primary antenna". I don't know what was going on but wanted to express the experience here.

Thanks. Thoughts?

Check to make sure on black Pearl monitor the diversity mode is enabled press the mode button on screen.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl