FPV problems with Samsung Galaxy SIII

Reaction score
When I use my Phantom 2 Vision with my Samsung Galaxy SIII Lite, the in-flight pictures on the mobile are very distorted and take time to stop pixelating. The still pictures taken are OK, as are the videos, it is just that i cannot see what I am taking pictures of! If I use my Samsung Tablet there is no problem - I can see what the camera can see. Anyone any ideas please?

Pull-Up, many thanks for your advice. I have now turned down my Galaxy's resolution to minimum and once this rubbish weather has gone, will give it another try!

Do you have a carrying case for your Phantom? I have been looking at one from the States but by the time you add in carriage and import charges it weighs in at £210+! Mind you, I suppose it's worth it when you have spent over £800 on the Phantom.
:D

MajorKim said:
When I use my Phantom 2 Vision with my Samsung Galaxy SIII Lite, the in-flight pictures on the mobile are very distorted and take time to stop pixelating. The still pictures taken are OK, as are the videos, it is just that i cannot see what I am taking pictures of! If I use my Samsung Tablet there is no problem - I can see what the camera can see. Anyone any ideas please?

I'm using a Samsung Galaxy SIII (not lite) and for the first time I had a few times the same problem.
The I saw that my Wi-Fi Extender was pointing straight up in the air and not pointing towards the PV. As soon as I turned the extender so it pointed in the right direction everything was fine again. Another thing that happend was, that I lost Wi-Fi connection after 95 meter away from me which have never happend before. So it seems like the extender are quite sensitive for pointing in the right direction.
So that is one thing you could look out for.

MajorKim said:
Pull-Up, many thanks for your advice. I have now turned down my Galaxy's resolution to minimum and once this rubbish weather has gone, will give it another try!

Do you have a carrying case for your Phantom? I have been looking at one from the States but by the time you add in carriage and import charges it weighs in at £210+! Mind you, I suppose it's worth it when you have spent over £800 on the Phantom.
:D

Sorry, missed this one for a while! Yes, I use the Duratool case from CPC here: http://cpc.farnell.com/duratool/d00468/ ... tt=SG32901 £30 delivered, sadly out of stock at the moment (all these **** Phantom owners I bet ;) )

I didn't do a very elegant job with the pick and pluck and foam cutting but I don't care as it's to keep everything safe and in one place, not a beauty contest!

I have the following all in it: Vision (props off); 2 batteries; Tx with range extender and phone clamp fitted; 2 full sets of props; digital anemometer; 2 screwdrivers and a hex driver; spares set that came with the Vision; spare set of AAs for the Tx; the Vision charger and cable; manuals, spare stickers, QR codes cut from the retail box, checklists, etc all under the foam on the lid. As I don't have a dedicated workshop or anything like that this keeps everything in one handy place at home, as well as being something to carry it all in to a flying site. And thanks to coloradosky on this forum it's also got a landing pad sticker on the lid for taking off in mucky/dusty/wet conditions! (see http://www.signsoflife.net/phantom-graphics.php if you haven't already)

MajorKim said:

I have the same problem with my Galaxy Note 1. Useless for FPV. The phone does not have the required horsepower. Solved the problem by updating to a Note 3. Works great now.

ya that's what I did was a galaxy note 3 plenty of power and most of all RAM.......So guys figured it out the samsund galaxy3 tab as duel processors and no ram so it cant handle the video ..... so I went today and bought a galaxy 3 note 8.0 with quad processors and 2gs ram an let me tell you..... very pretty, clean, bright and just beautiful video.....couldn't ask for more......problem solved.... I had to grind the ball on the stockmount to fit a universal cell holder I got from walmart for $15.95 but look wonderful and operates great....here's the youtube vid check it out...[youtube]
http://youtu.be/mbaJ57ohlJw

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers