FPV OSD?

Reaction score
I want to be able to view some stats on my Fat Shark goggles, It does'nt have to be to expensive but I want to be able to see more then just my battery voltage but It seems like there are a lot of OSD option and some are vague on what they will display and or if they will work with a Fat Shark or a Phantom! Also I have no clue on what all these mean, like what can this display and what does APM 1 and 2 mean and what is Telemetry compared to just a OSD unit, Is it the part that plugs into the Naza to send the GPS stats?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/On-Screen-D...nd-APM-2-/321122234990?_trksid=p2054897.l4276 Do I plug these into the Naza for other Data?

I found this from HobbyKing.com, This looks like what I'm looking for but not sure if it will work with my Fat Shark or if the GPS will be a problem like where to mount and how and if it will mess with the other gps and such.
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idproduct=29798.html

Can anyone tell me if they've used one of these on their Phantom?

I have one of those on my phantom. If you are electronically minded then you can get that to display the data you want, however there needs to be wiring connected to various things to be able to tell what's what. For my setup I use a FireBug OSD, as far as I know they are discontinued but another model may be released in the future. The FBOSD set up is a minimOSD (the OSD pictured in the op's link) and a custom made PCB to connect up to the NAZA LED, F1 F2, flight battery, and also to connect directly to the GPS puck. It also allowed for extras such as current and altitude sensors and a SD-Card add-on for logging data.

The FBOSD sends all the collected data to the minimOSD via MAVLink Protocol, and the minimOSD just does its usual thing wi the data. There is also another method using only the MinimOSD, search on RCGroups.com for naza OSD for about $20, it involves some fine soldering etc, but that OSD linked by the OP can be used alone as a naza OSD.

As for connecting in up with fat shark etc, currently you'll have you're gopro, then a video out cable, connecting to the fatshark transmitter. With almost any OSD all you need to do is send the gopro video out cable to the OSD input, then the video transmitter connected to the video output on the OSD. On the OSD in the link the six pins, In The 2 rows of 3 pins config, is for the vid in and vid out connections.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik