FPV Options?

Reaction score
Does anyone here have a or used FPV Goggles? I am using VR with litchi and am pretty satisfied with it. I was wondering if the image quality is better through hdmi goggles such as fat shark or other hdmi googles?

Sent from my SM-N920V using PhantomPilots mobile app

I've never used VR with Litchi, but I can tell you the HeadPlay HD goggles have the best picture if that's all you care about.

You can find all of the commonly used goggles here. Check out YouTube if you want see reviews that compare those goggles. Try searching for something like "headplay vs fatshark".

Headplay appears to be the best cost-efficient option. It has the advantage of allowing use of more robust corrective lenses to ensure optimal focus on the display. The Glyphs don't allow use of glasses and have limited focus capability, preventing their effective use by hyperopes and presbyopes. If you are far-sighted or need reading glasses...Glyphs are likely not for you.

What do you do about disorientation when using the FPV goggles? I have the cheap version now that that you simply pop your phone into. Because you have the goggles on it's hard to know which direction to point the antenna.

Thanks!

Hi Paul
Ok sorry for the delay in replying, I've been away.... So orientation using FPV.. no easy answer on that one, experience I suppose is the answer, you get used to a spacial overview of or flying field, that is to say I generally know where I am in relationship to the bird whilst I'm flying.

The HDMI output of the Phantom does give you a lot of information, Height, Distance, Speed, etc there is also a marker which indicates where the nose of the aircraft is pointing in relationship to the Home Point, if the diamond icon is in the middle of the screen the nose is pointing towards you, so just push the R/H side stick forwards and it will fly towards where you are stood, keep the diamond in the middle of the screen and look at the distance indicator and eventually you will hear her buzzing along.

Look at this video for more info.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Best Regards
Waylander

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan