Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

FPV on a Phantom FC40

Discussion in 'FPV (First Person View)' started by DimitriL, May 19, 2014.

1. DimitriL

Hi guys,
    i'm very new at this FPV stuff, and i would like to know what you would suggest as configuration. This phantom version is a 5.8G so I'm guessing i should chose a 2.4 Ghz receiver/transmitter ?
    I would like somthing cheap to begin with, no soldering and no goggles. A cheap Plug & Play system.
    Can i use my Macbook as monitor ?

For the camera i would chose somthing like this: http://www.studiosport.fr/camera-ccd-ki ... -2738.html

If possible i would like to stay below 170 dollars

Thank's guys for your advice

Dimitri

2. terrycagg

Good question! Also have the same rig and looking for a mid range 2.4 Ghz receiver/transmitter system
    For around $400 smackers. And yes, newbie here and loving the Hobbie though the
    research can be over whelping!
    Any help would be appreciated!
    Thanks,
    Terry

3. DimitriL

i just spend countless hours searching the right configuration but this get's so complicated or very expensif. I dont want nothing to fancy just a basic FPV plug and play system. I can't believe nothing like this is on the market. (i didn't found one anyway...)

4. darwin-t

You don't use the camera that came with it? That works for me. I us it for FPV and have a GoPro on it as well.

5. DimitriL

Yes i do, but the probleme is that with the stock camera via Wifi you are limited to 100m.

6. DimitriL

Nobody ?!?!?! C'monnnn

7. terrycagg

Selling mine and getting a Phantom 2, will do my own fpv rig. Seems the fc40
    is fine to get a glimpse of what it could be, though not practical for out of view flying at all. I'm moving up!

8. horne47789

terrycagg - I have been wondering the same thing myself. I would ideally like FPV capabilities but also able to do some nice amateur video and the weight of a gimbal, camera and fpv tx together would all be too much for a Phantom 1 I suspect - or at least it would just ruin battery life.

But what would a P2 get me extra apart from battery life? Surely the motors etc are all the same, so if I upgraded my props I'd have something very similar ?

So far in the search for light but cheap components I am considering the Walkera G-2D gimbal and a Boscam TS321 transmitter.
    Any thoughts from anyone ?

9. terrycagg

The main thing I am looking forward to using is the DJI iosd add on.
    The Phantom 1.1.1 will not accept it. For a brand newbie the home bacon in it
    will be most comforting a plus I live in a wooded area so height it a big factor and now
    I will have that info while flying. Sold the P 1 last night.

10. terrycagg

Home beacon that is. Also seems to be a lot more 5.8 fpv systems
    then others. I'm sure that not really important to the experienced
    though it is for me, just looking for a simple plug and play fpv setup now, soldering is not a problem
    so with the p2 being a 2.8 system it's much simpler.