FPV on a Phantom FC40

Reaction score
Hi guys,
i'm very new at this FPV stuff, and i would like to know what you would suggest as configuration. This phantom version is a 5.8G so I'm guessing i should chose a 2.4 Ghz receiver/transmitter ?
I would like somthing cheap to begin with, no soldering and no goggles. A cheap Plug & Play system.
Can i use my Macbook as monitor ?

For the camera i would chose somthing like this: http://www.studiosport.fr/camera-ccd-ki ... -2738.html

If possible i would like to stay below 170 dollars

Thank's guys for your advice

Dimitri

Good question! Also have the same rig and looking for a mid range 2.4 Ghz receiver/transmitter system
For around $400 smackers. And yes, newbie here and loving the Hobbie though the
research can be over whelping!
Any help would be appreciated!
Thanks,
Terry

i just spend countless hours searching the right configuration but this get's so complicated or very expensif. I dont want nothing to fancy just a basic FPV plug and play system. I can't believe nothing like this is on the market. (i didn't found one anyway...)

You don't use the camera that came with it? That works for me. I us it for FPV and have a GoPro on it as well.

darwin-t said:
You don't use the camera that came with it? That works for me. I us it for FPV and have a GoPro on it as well.

Yes i do, but the probleme is that with the stock camera via Wifi you are limited to 100m.

Selling mine and getting a Phantom 2, will do my own fpv rig. Seems the fc40
is fine to get a glimpse of what it could be, though not practical for out of view flying at all. I'm moving up!

terrycagg - I have been wondering the same thing myself. I would ideally like FPV capabilities but also able to do some nice amateur video and the weight of a gimbal, camera and fpv tx together would all be too much for a Phantom 1 I suspect - or at least it would just ruin battery life.

But what would a P2 get me extra apart from battery life? Surely the motors etc are all the same, so if I upgraded my props I'd have something very similar ?

So far in the search for light but cheap components I am considering the Walkera G-2D gimbal and a Boscam TS321 transmitter.
Any thoughts from anyone ?

The main thing I am looking forward to using is the DJI iosd add on.
The Phantom 1.1.1 will not accept it. For a brand newbie the home bacon in it
will be most comforting a plus I live in a wooded area so height it a big factor and now
I will have that info while flying. Sold the P 1 last night.

Home beacon that is. Also seems to be a lot more 5.8 fpv systems
then others. I'm sure that not really important to the experienced
though it is for me, just looking for a simple plug and play fpv setup now, soldering is not a problem
so with the p2 being a 2.8 system it's much simpler.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj