Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

FPV not working - no physical damage

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Discussion' started by jaytrizzle, Sep 6, 2014.

1. jaytrizzle

I had a slightly rough landing on grass last week about a 5 foot drop - only one of the prop guards fell off. I had the quick disconnects so there was completely no physical damage as far as I could tell. I didn't remember if FPV was still working when I turned it off but a couple of days later, the FPV would only display iOSD data, which was accurate.

Setup:

- P2 with H3-3D Gimbal
    - Delvcam Dual Antenna 7" Monitor (RX)
    - DJI AVL 58 TX
    - DJI Hub
    - GoPro Hero 3+ Black Edition
    - iOSD mini

Things I tried to correct to problem were:

- Take out/put back in P2 battery
    - Turn off/on P2
    - Turn off/on P2 remote
    - Turn off/on GoPro
    - Turn off/on Delvcam
    - Unscrew/screw TX antenna

The P2 is still able to compass calibrate - the lights were solid green. The next day, I tried to see if anything changed. Now the monitor doesn't even show iOSD. So the status is:

- iOSD mini blinking green
    - AVL 58 TX blinking green/red simultaneously on LED and SCH LED is off.
    - Delcam is black, but no snow.

A pic of the hub: https://www.dropbox.com/s/f1oflt1mbhgo0 ... 0.jpg?dl=0

It has been jerry rigged by my mechanic friend about 15 flights before this. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thx!

2. jaytrizzle

anyone here?

3. OI Photography

I'd be willing to bet the original problem is due to a fracture in the USB ribbon cable connected to the gopro, that's a common failure point even without a crash. You should have a replacement in your H3-3D box, but if not you can get them at most DJI dealers for $4.

I'd also be willing to bet that the later problem (no video at all now) is due to that wiring job. Mind if I ask why it was done that way? It'll be very hard to troubleshoot with that, you'll probably be better off getting a new hub ($12) and connecting everything the way it should be. With the components you have I don't see any reason to have funky wiring like that.

4. jaytrizzle

Hey OI, I switched the ribbon cable. Didn't do a thing. Any other ideas? I might call B&H and see if they have any ideas.

5. knuckles

it looks like there's direct soldering on the plug and play FPV hub that looked kind of odd to me but if it was working before I don't really know. I assumed you already checked if any solder joint or anything else inside or otherwise got jarred loose