Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

fpv need help

Discussion in 'Phantom 1 Help' started by spaarrky, Aug 23, 2016.

1. spaarrky

hello flyers i am so confused i have a phantom 1 version 2.0.0. which is 5.8 ghz and i also have quanum cyclops goggles which are also 5.8 ghz is there any way i can make these work for fpv if so which transmitter could i make work are am i doomed

2. rebelyellNC

Hey Spaarrky, if you are saying the controller operates at 5.8 GHz then I don't know of any way to use the FPV with it without being in danger of interference. Someone else may an idea, but usually you want to keep the controller and video frequencies separated. Good luck.

3. spaarrky

thanks thinking about changing frequency to 2.4 ghz and getting a new transmitter and receiver do you know of any video show how to do this if to much work may sale the fpv googles

4. rebelyellNC

Sorry Sparks, don't know of any right off hand. I do know that 5.8 GHz is much more common for video though. So if you were going to sell the goggles, you would have to find a 2.4 GHz video system. They are out there, but not as prevalent as the 5.8. I think I too would look into a new receiver and controller. YouTube has a ton of videos, so I'm sure there's something there, even if it's in "replacing" a 5.8 receiver with a 2.4. Keep us posted...

5. spaarrky

no the problem is the goggles are the quanum cyclops and the frequency is 5.8 ghz and that interferes with my phantom 1 version 2.0.0. almost had a fly away

6. drunkdog

my problem ia the same of you. My remote controller 5.8 ghz and i think use avl 58 video tx 5.8 ghz but o dont try yet. Are u try together these parts any?

7. spaarrky

so do you have a list of parts i might need to make these goggles work

8. fly-catchers

Is it a Phantom FC 40 model? As all the Phantom 1 models use 2.4ghz for control. And need a 5.8ghz FPV setup.

9. spaarrky

no it is a phantom 1 version 2.0.0. and on the back of the radio it says 5.8ghz got to be a way to make these work without changing the drone receiver and a different radio but i think i am screwed might have to sale these goggles

#9 spaarrky, Aug 29, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2016
  10. Monte55

Some Phantom 1s were 5.8 ghz

11. drunkdog

i have phantom 2, remote controller & receiver 5.8 ghz nvpt581, fpv set avl58 vtx & receiver

12. spaarrky

think them would work on mine where did you bye them at and what are the exact model numbers

13. drunkdog

I bought p2 used tx is changed new model and i think buy a dji avl58 fpv set but im not sure maybe they dont work perfectly together

and sorry for my badly english . İ can wrong write some words