FPV monitor shootout; Black Pearl vs (cheaper) Sharp Vision

Reaction score
Black Pearl monitor has a lot of fans but I always found it a bit tedious. For those that are still not in FPV or those researching monitors, have a look at this:

Look at the results... and then look at the price tags for these 2 monitors...

Before comparing monitors in the sun turn around and face the sun and you'll find they both work very well. Another thing when checking the distance of both monitors to see which performs better it would be a good idea if the quads antenna were facing you instead of away as you were doing in that test.

Fact is none of the 5.8 Ghz monitors work well when the sun is shining right on them even with a sun hood.

Black Pearl monitor has a lot of fans but I always found it a bit tedious. For those that are still not in FPV or those researching monitors, have a look at this:

Look at the results... and then look at the price tags for these 2 monitors...

Hello witold please can you tell me which antennas you used, liked your post

Hello witold please can you tell me which antennas you used, liked your post

2 different 14dbi Flat Panel Antennas, 1 circular polarized, 1 cloverleaf.

All of them the cheap no-brand stuff.

Antennas were switched back and fourth between monitors, so it is the internals that make the difference.

2 different 14dbi Flat Panel Antennas, 1 circular polarized, 1 cloverleaf.

All of them the cheap no-brand stuff.

Antennas were switched back and fourth between monitors, so it is the internals that make the difference.
Thanks for your reply witold, can I trouble you more and ask where can I get theses antennas, and do they have a part number or anything like that...?
Thanks Waylander

Last edited:
Thanks for your reply witold, can I trouble you more and ask where can I get theses antennas, and do they have a part number or anything like that...?
Thanks Waylander

These are the exact antennas:

Aomway 5.8GHz 14dBi High Gain Mini Panel Antenna for FPV Receiver SMA/RP-SMA Plug

Aomway 5.8g 4-Leaf Clover LHCP Antenna for TX/RX

FlySight 5.8ghz Circular Polarized Antennas (this is the antenna that is on the Phantom itself with ImmersionRC 600 transmitter)

FlySight 5.8ghz Hi-Gain Panel Antenna (This one I'm not sure about... it might be a different model from elsewhere.)

The top 2 antennas were used as filler to the Sharp monitor to get free express shipping from China.

Make 100% sure that you get the right connectors... RP/SMA/RP-SMA. This is critical.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20