FPV Monitor setups: What's yours?

Reaction score
I'm looking into the FPV thing and wondered if people using monitor systems would post up their setups with range results etc.

Cheers in advance.

- Phantom 2 + H3-2D Gimbal
- 2 DJI 5.8Ghz Clover Leaf Antennas (one on craft, one on monitor)
- 1 5.8 Tx on my Phantom
- 1 Black Pearl, 7 inch monitor
I also have a blue-tooth unit/package I got from the place I shop at.

nintendrone64 said:
- Phantom 2 + H3-2D Gimbal
- 2 DJI 5.8Ghz Clover Leaf Antennas (one on craft, one on monitor)
- 1 5.8 Tx on my Phantom
- 1 Black Pearl, 7 inch monitor
I also have a blue-tooth unit/package I got from the place I shop at.

Cool, cheers.

How does your setup perform, range, Black Pearl battery life etc?

Phantom 2 - H3-2D
Video switch between fixed FPV camera and GoPro on H3-2D
Fatshark 250mW vTx with cloverleaf antenna
Black Pearl monitor
Skew-planar antenna on ANT1 and patch antenna on ANT2

I haven't flown beyond 500M ish but the picture is perfect.

Black Pearl
ImmersionRC 600mw

phantom1-L.jpg

phantom_2-L.jpg

Phantom 2 - H3-2D - GoPro Hero 3+
iosd mini
AVL58 tx
DJI clover leaf antenna's on AVL58 tx and monitor (the other antenna is the standard stick ant.)
Black Pearl Monitor

I've only had a couple of flight since installing this FPV system but so far... very happy! Great picture so far out to 500m.

Which Black Pearl are you guys using?

Thanks!

No worries!

Well, hmmmm. That's the 801 (the one I just ordered) but I've read of a 701 and an 801 that only has 1 band....none of this info is of known accuracy....My head is spinning with channels, freqs and specs at the moment...

I was just making sure that it (the BP RC801) will work with the AVL58....and it looks like it does and will...but, I thought the same about the Lilliput 664 (with matching specs to the AVL58) and it appears to have an "issue" that Lilliput is "working on"...

skeeter said:
No worries!

Well, hmmmm. That's the 801 (the one I just ordered) but I've read of a 701 and an 801 that only has 1 band....none of this info is of known accuracy....My head is spinning with channels, freqs and specs at the moment...

I was just making sure that it (the BP RC801) will work with the AVL58....and it looks like it does and will...but, I thought the same about the Lilliput 664 (with matching specs to the AVL58) and it appears to have an "issue" that Lilliput is "working on"...

I have the AVL58 and the 801. Works great! The Black Pearl has 32 selectable channels. The Lilliput I think only has 9, but there are different versions of that monitor with different channels. Just gotta know which channels your Tx has then pick the right Lilliput.

* Phantom 2 + H3-2D Gimbal
* Fatshark 250mw vTX + Fatshark Spironet
* Black Pearl
* IBCrazy 5-Turn Helical
* Fatshark Spironet Patch

Range, so far I've flown to 1700m with no problems. Also fitted with Futaba R2008SB Receiver + Futaba T8J Transmitter

DesertFlyer53 said:
skeeter said:
No worries!

I have the AVL58 and the 801. Works great! The Black Pearl has 32 selectable channels. The Lilliput I think only has 9, but there are different versions of that monitor with different channels. Just gotta know which channels your Tx has then pick the right Lilliput.

Howdy, Flyer!

Fanstastic info on the BP! But.....regarding the Lilliput, Lilliput USA says they are having some "issues" with the receiver that is built into the 664. It isn't tuning to the freqs it is supposed to apparently. I have no idea if this is recent, or a long-time issue with them. I do know that mine never seemed to be on channel quite right even though it was supposed to be. Others have reported the same issue....stay tuned! (ouch. Couldn't resist that one...)

Cheers for all the replies, very interesting.

I'm toying with these two ideas:

goldfishrock said:
* Phantom 2 + H3-2D Gimbal
* Fatshark 250mw vTX + Fatshark Spironet
* Black Pearl
* IBCrazy 5-Turn Helical
* Fatshark Spironet Patch

Range, so far I've flown to 1700m with no problems. Also fitted with Futaba R2008SB Receiver + Futaba T8J Transmitter

This sounds like a pretty good setup to me. I'm aware of all the issues people are having with the Black Pearl / ImmersionRC 600mW combo so I'll avoid that.

The other option:

- ImmersionRC Duo5800
- Vonista 8" FPV Screen
- ImmersionRC Powerbox Ground Station Distribution System
- ImmersionRC 5.8GHz Long Range 600mW A/V Transmitter
- IBCrazy 5-Turn Helical
- Fatshark Spironet
- Suitable power supply for the Distribution System
- iOSD mini

This option is way more expensive and bulky, but I think it would provide rock solid performance judging by this footage of a Black Widow copter with a 25mW 5.8G ImmersionRC transmitter, ImmersionRC Duo5800 v3 diversity receiver, and CL/SPW and 4-turn helix antennas: http://youtu.be/04vQRTP61LE

Not sure if I'm up for all that bulk. I'm not planning on long range flying really, more keen to get good performance within 500m or so. Of course there's a good chance my mind will probably change the day after I get setup for FPV ; )

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl