FPV monitor mount

well it kinda happened like this

i 3d printed the mount, then my studio manager looked at it and said 'shame the screen isn't white too' !!!!!!!

OMG - red rag to a bull
they know what i'm like, so that was the end of getting any work that day - LOL

so
1. i disassembled it - it was very easy TBH - only 4 screws and it pretty much fell apart
2. i cleaned it with IPA to degrease it
3. primed it with some aerosol plastic primer that i got from BSB paints - it dries in a matter of seconds
4. spayed it with about 3 coats of plasticote white - i think i should have used normal celulose, but i didnt have any,
as it dries much faster and the colour would be closer to the dji transmitter
i will respray it again at some point, with a satin or matt arctic white celulose, as its not quite white enough at the moment :)

simple really - but i think its much nicer white

Just ordered the video holder via the paypal link. It looks to be the ideal setup for the iosd mini,avl58, and the Black Pearl 7" monitor I ordered today. Thanks for your creativity in making this item.

Ravecreative said:
yeh

i only designed the mount as i didn't really like the way the tarot was holding the monitor so close to the control sticks
it wasn't ideal really

so now i just use the tarot to attach my neck strap to, as its a bit further towards the balance point of the transmitter

if you want to send me a few photos of your tx and some measurements, i could have a go at designing one to fit it :)

Is the monitor mount fairly universal? Might the Boscam 7" diversity monitor work with it?

Just bought one as well... these look amazing!
Can't wait to for it to get here, I've hated the tarot attachment since I day one.
Thank you so much for creating this.

Phill mate check your message box sent you a pm yesterday cheers Lui

Just ordered via Paypal

Look forward to trying it out!

Cheers
Stu

I have made the mount as versatile as poss, so there is a long slot on the bracket to allow all different types of monitors
Hopefully it should fit virtually every monitor.

Hi Phil mate just sent you paypal payment for 2 white screen mounts cheers Lui

Ravecreative said:
I have made the mount as versatile as poss, so there is a long slot on the bracket to allow all different types of monitors
Hopefully it should fit virtually every monitor.

Excellent!

Very interested to see how this works for everyone. I am hoping to add FPV soon. I have ZenMuse and the upgraded board on my 1.1.1 Phantom. I believe it will be easy to add an FPV transmitter from here. Hoping for good range and light weight (of course!)

An additional thought- depending on the dimensions you can 3D print - I'd love to have a replacement lower body shell for the phantom to support dual internal batteries or a larger internal battery. That might be crazy-talk - but there could be some neat things you could do with 3D printing replacement shells!

Just posted a load out
I'm about 2 days behind orders at the moment.
Ie: if you ordered Wednesday I can ship Friday.

Thanks everyone for your support with this, I've had loads of kind comments on email from people who have received them and are happy

I'm printing as fast as I can, but it's a complicated part so takes almost 3 hours to print 1!!!

Sorry if you've had to wait a bit, I'm doing my best :)

Phil

Few pics of my new monitor mount from ravecreative fitted looks great fits perfect highly recommend great piece of kit see pics below

e9e6ymu9.jpg

abu2u4um.jpg

etuvety2.jpg

5egazane.jpg

he3a5ybu.jpg

murepy8u.jpg

5a2a5yqy.jpg

azave7yp.jpg

6uta3ata.jpg

Cheers Phil mate fantastic piece of kit

Thankyou

Recent Posts