FPV mode

Reaction score
For a while I thought FPV refered to what you see through the camera on your device. I was having camera issues at one time and someone suggested to make sure my FPV switch was in off position. It was and that camera is a whole separate issue, it was just the first time I noticed a FPV switch in the app. What does this do for me that my camera is not already doing? Is this for use with goggles or other devices?

Fpv on means the gimbAL will not adjust for flight characteristics...the camera stays in one position...if you bank the bird forward your view goes down...with the angle of the bird...back and side to side do the same thing ..

It's an FPV Mode switch .. not an FPV switch. - poorly named and not much use to most flyers.
Leave it on and your video is rough and jerky - turn it off and you get smooth video like you want.

In fpv mode the camera will not compensate for roll, nor yaw. It will turn the camera slightly into the direction that you're turning. Good for wh n you want to fly .. Fpv [emoji1]. When you want to make a video or take photos its best to turn fpv mode off.

Why would you want to enable it? Ill play around with it and check it out but I couldnt imagine a scenario where I would need to flip the switch. I like the smooth video.

ccase39 said:
Why would you want to enable it? Ill play around with it and check it out but I couldnt imagine a scenario where I would need to flip the switch. I like the smooth video.

You'd use it any time you were doing any precision flying where spacial awareness mattered (proximity to things you don't want to fly into). You get a much better "feel" for the control sensitivity and the way the bird reacts if you're looking our the cockpit instead of being suspended from a rope off the bottom of it... metaphorically speaking, anyway.

That's why I use it anyway.

It's also a must if you ever want to add FPV goggles and feel like you're up in it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers