Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

FPV mode

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Vision + Discussion' started by ccase39, Mar 15, 2015.

1. ccase39

For a while I thought FPV refered to what you see through the camera on your device. I was having camera issues at one time and someone suggested to make sure my FPV switch was in off position. It was and that camera is a whole separate issue, it was just the first time I noticed a FPV switch in the app. What does this do for me that my camera is not already doing? Is this for use with goggles or other devices?

2. lsteigerwalt

Fpv on means the gimbAL will not adjust for flight characteristics...the camera stays in one position...if you bank the bird forward your view goes down...with the angle of the bird...back and side to side do the same thing ..

3. Meta4

Meta4 Moderator
    Staff Member

It's an FPV Mode switch .. not an FPV switch. - poorly named and not much use to most flyers.
    Leave it on and your video is rough and jerky - turn it off and you get smooth video like you want.

4. DaveMoi

In fpv mode the camera will not compensate for roll, nor yaw. It will turn the camera slightly into the direction that you're turning. Good for wh n you want to fly .. Fpv . When you want to make a video or take photos its best to turn fpv mode off.

5. happydays

FPV = First person view - in other words what you would see if you were actually see while sitting in the cockpit (if the phantom had one).

6. ccase39

Why would you want to enable it? Ill play around with it and check it out but I couldnt imagine a scenario where I would need to flip the switch. I like the smooth video.

7. bbfpv

You'd use it any time you were doing any precision flying where spacial awareness mattered (proximity to things you don't want to fly into). You get a much better "feel" for the control sensitivity and the way the bird reacts if you're looking our the cockpit instead of being suspended from a rope off the bottom of it... metaphorically speaking, anyway.

That's why I use it anyway.

It's also a must if you ever want to add FPV goggles and feel like you're up in it.