FPV longer range what are my options

Reaction score
Ok dug out my old Phantom v2 today and decided to fly it. Still impressed how easy it is!

Anyway i remember before being somewhat frustrated with the poor signal from the fpv screen.

My setup is something like this

Cloverleaf Antennas TX + RX Set 5.8GHz - 5.8 Circ Polar Ant Clover-Ant-5.8
5.8GHz 400mW FPV Transmitter - TX5804

The transmitter on the Phantom is horizontally mounted therefore the Antenna is also. One i see is marked rx one tx, naturally just put the the RX on the Flysight screen.

Now i read its not possible to use 2.4ghz due to interfering with the controller which im suprised as i thought this didnt happen with digital. Also i read about these 2000mw transmitters or improved aerials. Basically how can i improve the signal., soon as i pass a tree at the end of my garden or even turn up in the air around 100m in line of sight signal can break up. TIA.

Ok dug out my old Phantom v2 today and decided to fly it. Still impressed how easy it is!

Anyway i remember before being somewhat frustrated with the poor signal from the fpv screen.

My setup is something like this

Cloverleaf Antennas TX + RX Set 5.8GHz - 5.8 Circ Polar Ant Clover-Ant-5.8
5.8GHz 400mW FPV Transmitter - TX5804

The transmitter on the Phantom is horizontally mounted therefore the Antenna is also. One i see is marked rx one tx, naturally just put the the RX on the Flysight screen.

Now i read its not possible to use 2.4ghz due to interfering with the controller which im suprised as i thought this didnt happen with digital. Also i read about these 2000mw transmitters or improved aerials. Basically how can i improve the signal., soon as i pass a tree at the end of my garden or even turn up in the air around 100m in line of sight signal can break up. TIA.

watch and learn:

The antenna should be pointed down.

IMG_4646.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: fisherflyer
I get well over 1.5k fpv on my p2 set up and only use 200mw it's all about your antennas

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1