Fpv live video not working

Reaction score
For some reason my live video feed on my fpv system doesn't work. It gives me all the flight data from the iosd mini but not the actual video. This happens occasionally and the next day it works fine. I tried tuning the phantom 2 on and off but this did not help. It just shows the flight data on a grey colored screed on my black pearl monitor. Any help is extremely appreciated.

For some reason my live video feed on my fpv system doesn't work. It gives me all the flight data from the iosd mini but not the actual video. This happens occasionally and the next day it works fine. I tried tuning the phantom 2 on and off but this did not help. It just shows the flight data on a grey colored screed on my black pearl monitor. Any help is extremely appreciated.

The first thing I would check is the USB connector to the ribbon to make sure the connection between the two is good. Next suspect would the ribbon cable itself that it isn't damaged or maybe replace it. The last cable to check for possible damage would be the exposed cable that connects to the tilt motor. Last of all would be 8 pin cable from the gimbal to the socket inside the shell.

The least likely would be mini iOSD is mounted on the outside check the video connection and if it's inside the shell open it up and check the connection.

I checked all these things and they all look fine. Is there anything else it could be?

Which gimbal are you using? Will the GP playback video on the SD card when connected to your computer?

No it will not unless I take the micro sd out of a go pro and put it into an sd converter card and plug that card into my computer

When you plug the GP into the computer a charging icon is on the GP screen.but if you pull up the drives on your computer and you should see the removable disk which is your SD card drive. The SD card can only be read while connected to the computer but if it were connected a USB wall adapter you would have full function like recording and charging at the same time. Do make sure you have recorded something on the SD care before hand. Now if you don't see the removable disk then there may be a problem..

You have not mentioned which gimbal you have attached to you P2 which will help before going any further.

Do you see the reply button in the bottom right corner of this post? If you use it when answering me or anyone else a red number will appear next to the flag in the gray bar indicating you have answered their comment.

You still haven't answered which gimbal you are using on the P2 which will help in identifying the intermittent video problem you are having.

What gopro and what firmware?
I think the new firmware blocks fpv when there is charging detected.

What gopro and what firmware?
I think the new firmware blocks fpv when there is charging detected.

No I tried that with partially charged battery and completely empty one and what happens is the USB charging icon comes on the screen for an instance followed by the video.

I have the Hero4 Black, and I used it once on my P2 with a dead battery (didn't realize it until I tried turning it on without the Phantom turned on). Once I turned on the Phantom my GoPro worked, and FPV was there.

Yes, please let us know what GoPro and firmware you have. If you supply us with as much manufacturer info as possible it makes it easier for us all to help. You never say what GoPro you have, or what gimbal you are using. This is important information to post so we can help...

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic