FPV Issues - iPhone 4

Reaction score
Very good morning! Looking for some help with a problem that I have with my P2V. Phantom flies well and the camera is doing what it is suppose to as far as taking images are concerned but the link between the camera and my iPhone 4 - at best the steaming is intermittent at worst completely frozen - rendering it pretty useless! Flew this morning with fully charged batteries in phone, controller, phantom and range extender. Took off, picture on phone was okay but only a few metres out the picture on my phone turned greyscale and froze. I have ensured that there are no other apps running in the background and I was flying in a wide open space. Continued to fly and randomly took some images and video - everything works there and I can move the camera on its gimbal. Suspect therefore that it might be a problem with my iPhone. Would be very grateful to hear from anyone who might have had the same problem. Kindest regards.

Hi,
I had the same problem with the iphone 4 , the FPV was so slow and laggy I could have finished filming , landed and had a No2 before it caught up.
I then connected it via my ipad4 and it was excellent no lag at all and didn't lose the wifi connection up to about 340' high.
So it's the iphone 4 processor or wifi speed not up to the job, I even tried deleting everything off it apart from Dji app.
The ipad is too big, so I've been told the Tesco hudi at uk £120 a 7" tablet works well, so I'm going to try one of those, until I get one next week, I'm using my ipad with a buddy stood next to me holding it.
Also other newer smart phones are recommended on this forum , I would like the iphone5s but it's too much unless I get an expensive contract which I'm not going to do as my iphone4 is ok for everything else. :D

You need iphone 4s or better. I had the same problem on my 4. Tried my wife's 5 and ordered my 5s that night. Works like a charm.

Mollyian said:
Grateful for the replies - new phone it is then ........... Thank you. :D

Not really necessary. I use an iphone 4. just set the preview quality to 320x240 15fps and it is usable. not ideal, but usable.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik