FPV, iOSD and wobbly P2

Reaction score
Hi all,

I finally got my FPV setup working today, for starters, here are the parts that I used

DJI iOSD Mini
Blackpearl 32ch 7" Diversity Monitor
5.87Ghz Circular Polarized Antenna's
200mw FPV 32channel transmitter

Now I've got it all working fine, well, ish :)

Firstly, the iOSD, I can see that it's working, I see a little diamond etc on screen and overlay with battery level, but It doesn't actually seem to be working fully. i.e. I get no distance, velocity, altitude and the diamond for home position never moves. I definitely got a home lock (I always wait for the flashing green LED's before taking off) and was flying in GPS mode?

Secondly, the phantom handles horribly now with the iOSD and transmitter onboard, any advice on how to correct it, it won't stay level anymore keeps moving around.

Apart from that i'm a happy chappy, need to tinker with whicih band + channel gives me the best range as the range wasn't that good atm (about .5k i'd say) but the good thing about this monitor is that it doesn't blue screen when signal lost, so you can still get a fuzzy display even when it's going out of range to find your way back :)

Any advice gratefully appreciated anyway.

Thanks

Ok, an update.

Tried a different band on the vtx and managed 1.2 km distance, however despite using a circular polarized antenna, I find that when the phantom faces me the range is almost halved, I've got the antenna pointing downwards so I can't understand why this would be?

Also, upgraded firmware on iOSD and works fine now :)

castlemaster said:
Ok, an update.

Tried a different band on the vtx and managed 1.2 km distance, however despite using a circular polarized antenna, I find that when the phantom faces me the range is almost halved, I've got the antenna pointing downwards so I can't understand why this would be?

Also, upgraded firmware on iOSD and works fine now :)
My CP antenna does the same thing...so, I just fly it backwards toward me, problem solve.
The CP antenna has some dead area's...like directly overhead, it will get fuzzy. Also, as you noted, when there is something between the antenna and you(like your Phantom), the reception will get fuzzy. Pointing down is how they work. but, they are susceptible to interference from god knows what...and sometimes when turning 180 degree's, you just lose signal.

I would never fly farther away than I can see the Phantom with my own Mark 1 eyeballs. I have a lot invested in it....so I want to be able to see my "money", wherever it flies. And seeing through goggles or a monitor, doesn't count.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers